Skinnydoc Introduction

Skinnydoc

Hey everyone, I have recently started playing Warhammer Online and have applied to the guild. I just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully I'll hear back from you guys soon.

Why did I start playing Warhammer? Well, a friend from medical school first introduced me to Star Wars Galaxies way back when and I played that until the World of Warcraft beta came out. I have pretty much played WoW since that time (I did play LOTRO and AoC briefly, but always came back to WoW). I have been playing on the Malfurion server for the last 3 years and am in a "mid-core" raiding guild there. We were able to clear everything in The Burning Crusade except Sunwell prior to WotLK being released. The guild has also cleared all of the content in WotLK thus far. I rerolled as a Deathknight and actually am loving the game, the class, and what Blizzard has done with the game, BUT....

I am a physician with an awesome wife and two great kids (ages 7 and 9) and gaming has been a nice hobby for me due to my time at work (I'm an Ob/Gyn so I have lots of late nights at times). I can play for a while (usually after the kids have gone to bed since I'm a night owl) but still take breaks and do things with the family. Several weeks ago my 7 year old son asked me, "daddy when can I play on the computer a lot like you do?"....

Wow, it took my about 5 seconds to uninstall WoW and reassess my gaming hobby. My wife and I try to raise our kids to face the world as "godly warriors" who are on fire for Jesus...we don't want "good, moral kids" we want our kids to be serving Christ first and foremost in all they do. There was also starting to be issues ventrilo, guildchat, and forums not being as uplifting and becoming very, very worldly and offcolor. I have shared the Gospel with several guildmates and had a couple of 2-3 hours phone chats about life, religon, God, etc....as well. I believe we are to be salt and light in the world, but at the same time we must resist becoming "like the world" in our thoughts, words, actions, and deeds.

In looking around at different games, Warhammer caught my eye as something that might be what I am looking for - a game I can play casually yet still have some challenge. I'm looking for something I can jump on 15-20 minutes somedays or I might be able to play 2 hours one night. I also wanted to find a good home of Christian gamers to play with.

I wrote my testimony in the application but am always willing to share what God has done (and is doing in our lives) through some trials over the last few years.

I hope to see everyone in game at some point. Take care and God bless.

P.S. the toon I've made is now a lvl 9 Witch Hunter named "Danzu".

Love in Christ,

Marc

Welcome Marc,
I am glad to hear you found ToJ and Redeemed. Redeemed two most excellent chapters in the WoW and WAR universes. Both have wonderful guys/gals that will encourage and uplift you as you play. Luckily both games have server transfers so if you decide to play either one with us you can have your main character moved over to the appropriate server. I, myself am currently on a MMO hiatus but when I return some day I will most definitely be joining up with redeemed again.

Make sure you check out www.redeemed.cc and www.toj.cc/wow but most importantly is to get your spammage shield on as you approach these forums. Our members love to chat here.

Last edited:
Thanks for the application.

This guild takes care of you if you are hard-core, casual, or any shade in between, so you will do fine even if you can only play a little bit each week.

So ya, hope to see you online soon :)

Welcome! I can relate to where you're coming from. I am also an ex-WoW player that's finding WAR fits my schedule a LOT better.

If you haven't received an invite already, please catch me in-game and we'll get you set up! See you soon!

Back