So I downloaded a song off of MSN Music...

MeridianFlight

I had jumped on their "Buy One Song Get Five Free" Deal they had posted months back, because I figured it was worth it. However, I've been adamently opposed to paying .99 cents per song. I don't care if it's cheaper this way (buying only the songs you actually want to listen to), I've always purchased CDs. So after the 5 for 1 deal, I didn't buy any additional music.

I just caved though, because I didn't want to shell out 15 dollars for Exodus just to get Jars of Clay's "Needful Hands". I just signed in and clicked download, and that was it. I imagine my credit card has been charged already.

That's really disturbing. Seriously, it's just...unsettling how easy it was. How do you exercise restraint?

It's hard sometimes, especially if you like a lot of different hard-to-find artists like I do. I make myself only look at iTunes Music Store once every two weeks or so. Otherwise I might just buy everything.

kraniac said:
It's hard sometimes, especially if you like a lot of different hard-to-find artists like I do. I make myself only look at iTunes Music Store once every two weeks or so. Otherwise I might just buy everything.
I agree. I just went on an eight-song shopping spree a few days ago -- it's really easy to get sucked in! Imagine: 400+ songs are downloaded like that every minute!

I buy music from iTunes (since I own an iPod). 99 cents per song, generally $9.99 per album, $1.99 for TV shows, music videos and Pixar shorts.

This is something I've been thinking about.

Is there a program out there that will allow you to setup allowances? It would be self-maintained of course, but this way you can set say $30/mo for music, each time you bought a song/cd you put it in and it deducts it from your allowance. I dunno, maybe im over complicating it. o_O

I spent two dollars yesterday because i wanted to check out a spoken song and Blindside's Sleepwalking Man i love that song pure adrenaline

they need to have a listen to have a clip before you buy so you can hear what it sounds like.

there is always walmart only like 79 �cents a song
True, but it's, a) .20 less than iTunes, b) Wal-Mart, which some people are against, c) doesn't work with iPod, d) not near the selection as iTunes. =D

If they're just MP3s, they'll work... but if they are copy protected or in WMA format, it's out of the question for iPod. iTunes puchased music is in protected AAC format (.m4p, MPEG 4 protected). Most legal download stores have some sort of copy protection, and anything other than FairPlay (which Apple owns, =P) will not work on iPod.

Back