So I set up my new James Bondish HP Printer/Scanner/Copier...

MeridianFlight

I got my Hewlett Packard Printer/Scanner/Copier set up and ready with the software installed on my PC. The only step left was grabbing the USB cable and allowing Bond's printer (I say James Bond because the p/s/c has several compartments that fold and conceal along with a LCD screen, it's almost as if Q handed it to me, but again, I need to get out more) to "converse" with my computer.

That's when I noticed there wasn't a USB cable in the box. For a second I wondered if I had taken it out and misplaced it. After exhausting that possibility to my satisfaction, I checked the box to see if it was supposed to be included. That's when I noticed "USB cable" listed under "Optional Accessories."

I'm terribly sorry, but seeing as the USB cable is practically essential (Who is going to buy a printer/scanner/copier just to copy?!?), I was a little astounded at its exclusion. It'd be like purchasing a Xbox, GameCube, or PS2 and not finding any cables (Composite, Component, etc.) in the console box to connect to your TV.

Yes, I know, I should have read the outside of the box to check and see what was included with my printer before purchasing, but that's communist thinking. Blast it, this is America, am I not entitled as a consumer to make assumptions about what a product should include and then brazenly purchase that product fully expecting my assumptions to be verified without checking first?

If the answer is no, then I'm afraid the terrorists have won.

Talon said:
and dont pay $30 for "gold plated maximum connection cables"....

What!? C'mon, you cant tell me that gold doesnt transmit information faster than silver. It is Gooooooold! LOLOL If it really was gold, it would be a lot more than $30 the way gold is going up in price. :D :p :D

I have about 10,000 usb cables. I could scan one with my printer/copier/scanner and email it to you. =p

I did indeed get a USB cable with gold plated connectors. Why? It was on clearance at Radio Shack for 20 bucks. The representative said that the cable (made by Monster) was of higher quality than Radio Shack's own 30 dollar USB Cable.

yes well most people in the industry think Monster are they best. and simply they are but for the most part most poeple cant afford $70 cables, if you wach system kvein rose puts out he teachers you how to make come awsome cables but no usb sadly. and 2nd i think eveyone should buy hp stuff and im Bias on that lol you are when your dad workds for them. but i think we all love hp more than dell

MF, I work for HP in the Imaging and Printing Group, and sadly, I have been trying to convince them it would be worthwhile to mark up the printer 5 bucks and include a USB cable. I'll keep fighting the good fight, as I have given away most of my spare USB cables to neighbors, family, and friends who bought printers with the same assumption.

awsome my father is dir sales ya but its horable he travles a lot. and there isent aney money in the printers its all in the ink

Back