So, the Pope said this today.

Saw this, I enjoyed seeing the push that the theory of evolution and intelligent design or creation are not incompatible.

i havent been able to find a full transcript. has anyone else?

They have pulled him out of context multiple times and I know he is probably saying something along those lines but different than how the media is taking it.

The Pope also believes in:
Prayer to "saints"
Saints are only created by the Catholic church
Salvation is only through the Catholic church
Purgatory (have indulgences been done away with?)
Mary's perpetual virginity
Eucarist
etc.

No offense to Catholics, but I have never looked to the Catholic church nor the Pope for direction.

Last edited:
I feel sorry for my Catholic brothers and sisters who are true believers in Christ with all of the obvious problems in the Catholic church. We need them where they are to fight situations that have occurred recently within the Catholic church, but really it must be tough when statements like this come out. It is like a discussion my better half and I have had recently about reentering the Methodist church if it meant we could make a difference for a family member who has drifted away. We left the Methodist church for valid reasons concerning it's stance on homosexuals in the pulpit, but if we could bring a family member back we would rejoin the local Methodist church.
1 Corinthians 9:19-23Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

19 Although I am a free man and not anyone’s slave, I have made myself a slave to everyone, in order to win more people. 20 To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win Jews; to those under the law, like one under the law—though I myself am not under the law[a]—to win those under the law. 21 To those who are without that law, like one without the law—not being without God’s law but within Christ’s law—to win those without the law. 22 To the weak I became weak, in order to win the weak. I have become all things to all people, so that I may by every possible means save some. 23 Now I do all this because of the gospel, so I may become a partner in its benefits.

Last edited:
i havent been able to find a full transcript. has anyone else?

They have pulled him out of context multiple times and I know he is probably saying something along those lines but different than how the media is taking it.

To me, it seems that the liberals in the media believe that THIS is the liberal Pope who is going to transform the Catholic church into the paragon of their political and "spiritual" values that they are willing to take any word or phrase he says out of context to fit their own narrative whether it is warranted or not. That said, the Catholic church still holds to many doctrines which are anathema to Evangelical Christian doctrines. Tim Challies did an interesting series of blog posts on the subject. He started by listing the Pope among False Teachers and then expanded on the topic based on comments he received. (Having trouble tracking down the exact posts I will post them if I can find them...)

Back