so, who here are the "hard core" SW Fans?

Nazereth

I consider myself a devout fan. I have kept up with most Star Wars activities in the present time, everything from the Thrawn Chronicles, Yuuzhan Vong invasion, and more recently the reign and fall of Darth Caedus. I am now learning that the Jedi Order is falling apart and Luke and his son are in exile.

Anyone else keep up on the current events of the Star Wars Universe? :)

I haven't read the most recent stuff about the exile of the Jedi, but I'm right there with you on the other stuff. I thought that Darth Caedus journey to the dark side was probably the most realistic fall that I've seen in Star Wars lore thus far, and I loved reading about the superweapon that was Thrawn's mind. Great stuff.

I haven't read the most recent stuff about the exile of the Jedi, but I'm right there with you on the other stuff. I thought that Darth Caedus journey to the dark side was probably the most realistic fall that I've seen in Star Wars lore thus far, and I loved reading about the superweapon that was Thrawn's mind. Great stuff.

I couldn't agree with you more! Darth Caedus' journey to the Dark Side was so compelling, I couldn't put the darn books down! LOL Actually, in reference to how some of the members here feel about having this guild be Sith, they should follow Jacen's example of how he became a "Sith Lord" because in truth, it was just a title, it doesn't always have to reference things of being "evil". If the "New Jedi Order" series taught us anything, is that, there is no such thing as the "Light Side" or "Dark Side" of the Force, there is only the Force. What you do with it, is on you.

Think of it as, there is no such thing as a Christian God or a Muslim God, there should only be, God.

Last edited:
How can there be no "Light Side" or "Dark Side" of the Force? They are clearly labeled so in the movies and shown to be polarized positions. Yoda talks about the power of the dark side and does not comment that it is more powerful then the light side, hinting at the dualism in the force and that they are balanced. In interviews George Lucas has explained that the Force is a symbol for all that is unseen in the universe. The light side is essentially a symbol for God — the unseen Power of good — while the dark side is a symbol for the forces of evil.

regardless, I am looking forward to playing the game from the Sith side.

Last edited:
How can there be no "Light Side" or "Dark Side" of the Force? They are clearly labeled so in the movies and shown to be polarized positions. Yoda talks about the power of the dark side and does not comment that it is more powerful then the light side, hinting at the dualism in the force and that they are balanced. In interviews George Lucas has explained that the Force is a symbol for all that is unseen in the universe. The light side is essentially a symbol for God — the unseen Power of good — while the dark side is a symbol for the forces of evil.

Yes, well, if you REALLY get into Star Wars it gets... complicated. Many different force users had different beliefs about the whole issue of whether or not the force really has two sides.

ahha nice, do you think Bioware will tap into the complicated aspects? I really hope they give quest/path options for the Sith that are not all over the top destruction and lack of mercy.

Yes it does get very complicated. That's why I was talking about Jacen Solo as a perfect example when he turned to the "Dark Side" because he didn't have to kill his master nor did he want to. Basically, the Jedi Order has a rule that refrains Jedi from using emotion as a means to tap into the Force, this is why they "meditate" all the time, to clear their heads and listen to the Force. What when they do that, they also cutting themselves from other aspects of the Force, because they are afraid to use that power. Where as the Sith are encourage to use emotion to tap into the Force from a different means to gain a different aspect and use of the Force. Its not necessisarliy good or bad, its just different venues. That's why I also gave the example of a Christian God and a Muslim God, you can't categorize God, its just, God.

That is really interesting to hear about the Force and how the lore goes. I am not sure I agree it relates to God, as the Muslim-defined god is not God at all and the Biblical God is the only true God. This is black and white as only one can be right. It sounds like the Force has many shades of gray. That works great for fantasy but not for ultimate truth. :)

ahha nice, do you think Bioware will tap into the complicated aspects? I really hope they give quest/path options for the Sith that are not all over the top destruction and lack of mercy.

I don't know HOW deep they'll get, but I can tell you that Bioware has already gotten a little bit deeper on the force when they made KOTOR. Jolee Bindo (one of the companions from that game) gave indication that he was a "grey" Jedi (did not believe in two sides of the force).

That is really interesting to hear about the Force and how the lore goes. I am not sure I agree it relates to God, as the Muslim-defined god is not God at all and the Biblical God is the only true God. This is black and white as only one can be right. It sounds like the Force has many shades of gray. That works great for fantasy but not for ultimate truth. :)

I totally agree with you about the Biblical God, I was just trying to put in perspective, for those who don't know about the Lore and they can easily understand. It was not to be taken literal :)

Because unless you have dwelled deep in the, what they call, Star Wars "Expanded Universe" it gets pretty political, philosophical and emotional, of what theses people go through, in that galaxy, far, far, away...

Im reading through around 60 novels starting before a new hope, to way after the RotJ. Does that count?

Dang... I have some catching up to do :D

Im on the second Bounty Hunter Wars book.... This may be a while :D

Last edited:
This is me at San Diego Comic Con 2005. Is it hardcore enough for you?
Jeremy.jpg

Back