Sooooooo how is everyone enjoying the launch?

viglundr

Didn't have much time to play last night but did a Worgan warlock to level 7 and just started on the water zone with my druid. Seemed to be a crazy amount of people but a large majority of the quests seemed smooth and easy to do with all the folks about, so blizzard definitely keeps learning from there mistakes which is great.

How was everyone else's experience? Do we have any level 85's yet? I know we had at least one 81 when I logged off, have hand bells this evening after work so not much time so will take me quite a bit to hit 85 I think :)

What is this launch you speak of? I'm currently sitting in Calgary airport returning home. Rumor has it that one of my sons hit 82 this morning. I am also told my collector's edition arrived today so looking forward to playing after I hug and kiss the family.

I am guessing that since Alan has the whole week booked off to be able to play Cataclysm that he will be in the race to be our first 85. I played until 3 a.m. then got up at 6:30 a.m. for work so I'm just a glutton for punishment. But it sure was lots of fun last night!

only two things i have hated about the launch. could not log in at 12:30am of the launch, but wasn't concerned. i was just going to check how people liked it since i was waiting on it to be delivered.

second thing is i have a bad habit of being in the middle of respawn points when they respawn so i spend a lot of time trying to get out of it.

besides for that things are running smoothly.

John..North Pointe has a hand bell ensemble too, they couple it with a special needs ministry, so a few of the members are people with special needs. The leader has done some really neat stuff with the bells making different sounds using different techniques. They are playing at W.E.M this Saturday I think with the choir from our church if Jacki wanted to check them out.

I absolutely love Gilnaes and the whole Worgen storyline. Definitely my favorite part of the game right now. I feel really strange that I have no urge to push my mage to 85 and have not enjoyed Vash too much - trying out Mount Hyjal not to gain some interest so we'll see.

My next character will positively be another Worgen just for the starting zone.

I've been going on to everyone about this, but I've been levelling my 'lock in the Eastern Plaguelands and I think for 4.0 they implemented the quest chain for Fiona's caravan. It's genius - everyone go do it!

Generally my favourite thing about Cata is all the fantastic new quests. I used to hate questing, but there's a lot of gold out there.

Generally my favourite thing about Cata is all the fantastic new quests. I used to hate questing, but there's a lot of gold out there.

And they are AMAZING! I love the "Indiana Jones" quests in Uldum. By far my favorite.

The worgen starting area and quests are great. Phasing was used a lot and to great effect in most cases.

I made a goblin and troll to try out their new starting areas too.

The troll starting area was good and the final quest on the island made me a little sad (with what happened to your buddy), but I didn't do much after that in Durotar.

The goblin areas are simply outstanding, especially once you get to the Lost Isle. I really enjoyed the quest lines involving the Horde's "special cargo".

It appears to be shaping up that the worgens and goblins will have an event similar to the gnomes and trolls where they will be taking back their starting areas, since (correct me if I'm wrong) you can't go back to Gilneas City or Kazan once you leave there.

Jeff I. was telling me IRL that he was having trouble finding the seller of Goblin mounts since his home was destroyed. Any advice?

Also, Rob, I didn't know you played bells. I rang for about 3 years in college and church right after college. It was fun - bass bells for me. The big 6-12 lb-ers. Malmark > Schulmerich. Malmark FTW.

Eric

Back