SoR

If you stopped before 3/4/12 ... you're eligible for the new Scroll of Rez. Linkee in the OP for the details.

I have a question about the SoR, is it only the recipient of the SoR that gets the 80 boost, or if they buy time does the sender get it too?

I think the only thing the sender get is the mount? everything else is for the receiver. We'll find out soon when I accept mine lol.

Sad thing is that even with the scroll of res staring me in the face, I cannot get myself to activate it. I don't like any of the classes enough to be excited about a free 80 and I can't get myself over the feeling that WoW is a dinosaur.

Boo, buzzkill Ewoks!

But more seriously, for someone who's already "done" Cata and played alts, there's clearly less appeal. For someone who's been away for 1+ xpacs and/oor who never played horde or an alt from hatin' the level grind, it's a cool deal. 'course none of those apply to you!

I gotta find someone to get my mount from though... speaking of dinosaurs, where be Icthus and Tree? Hmm.....

Boo, buzzkill Ewoks!

But more seriously, for someone who's already "done" Cata and played alts, there's clearly less appeal. For someone who's been away for 1+ xpacs and/oor who never played horde or an alt from hatin' the level grind, it's a cool deal. 'course none of those apply to you!

I gotta find someone to get my mount from though... speaking of dinosaurs, where be Icthus and Tree? Hmm.....

Do you know if the boost has to be decided at the beginning? I might like to check out the goblin starting area and then once done with that take the boost to 80 and the faction change then..

Gilga, I am toying with rolling on the start from scratch server.

But, I am at a very busy season until Easter. So, not sure...

Not to mention my mac book air might or might not be up to the task.

Ewoks - per the FAQ, I'm pretty sure you can do exactly what you propose. The level-up, faction transfer, and server transfer get linked to your account, but you don't have to "use them" right when you reactivate. There must be some sort of limit on it (to keep people from creating lvl80 Panda monks when MoP eventualy appears) but the FAQ talks about a specific allowable case where you roll a new toon and then use the level 80 on that.

eabrek - yeah, it's just a week. Focus this time is more the other stuff than just game time with SoR 2.0.

Icthus - SoR offer's good for 90 days, which not only gets you past Easter but on even well past Ascension day. I gotta think Macbook Air could handle it processor wise but isn't there a pretty finite amount of hard drive you have on one of those things?

Back