Star Wars: The Old Republic Cinematic Trailer

So uh.. when's the movie??

That was epic!! I'm so excited for that game. It looks like it'll be awesome if it's even remotely close to the trailer. That had to have been one of the best trailers of all time.

Looks like it takes place during the "Old Sith Wars", which was the only time mandalorians allied with the sith. Unless of course lucas arts is just throwing up junk like they have in the past.

I'm still very dissapointed, I loved KotOR and KotOR II but now since this one is going to be an MMORPG then I won't be playing it.

[toj.cc]phantom;343535 said:
I'm still very dissapointed, I loved KotOR and KotOR II but now since this one is going to be an MMORPG then I won't be playing it.

Disappointed!? I love MMOs, they are all I will play now... (10 years with MMOs and still running) And ideas behind this game have been floating around since before KotOR came out...

Disappointed!? I love MMOs, they are all I will play now... (10 years with MMOs and still running) And ideas behind this game have been floating around since before KotOR came out...

Yup, and so has Duke Nukem Forever but that never happened. There is already a Star Wars Galaxies don't ruin the KotOR franchise with an MMO. Or at least let it have single player and have a Baldur's Gate/Neverwinter Nights multiplayer.

[toj.cc]phantom;343548 said:
Yup, and so has Duke Nukem Forever but that never happened. There is already a Star Wars Galaxies don't ruin the KotOR franchise with an MMO. Or at least let it have single player and have a Baldur's Gate/Neverwinter Nights multiplayer.

The whole idea behind KotOR was to get ready for an MMO, if you remember, the game played exactly like an MMO but offline...auto attacking and all that jazz...and SWG is dead...lol...it was an AWFUL game... I am excited, SWtoR has the potential to be legendary, reaching millions of subscribers... To me, someone who loves MMOs, SWotR is awesome amazing news...even though we have pretty much known about it for a long time...hehe...

Last edited:
The whole idea behind KotOR was to get ready for an MMO, if you remember, the game played exactly like an MMO but offline...auto attacking and all that jazz...and SWG is dead...lol...it was an AWFUL game... I am excited, SWtoR has the potential to be legendary, reaching millions of subscribers... To me, someone who loves MMOs, SWotR is awesome amazing news...even though we have pretty much known about it for a long time...hehe...

SWG actually used to be pretty decent...

Then they decided to swap it into some type of horrible FPS and making being a jedi as easy as rerolling a character (previously it was based on random chance, where you had to master I think 3 professions out of 5-6). That is pretty muck like trying to take your entire player base from KOTOR and dropping them into Jedi Outcast (except that the game was no longer fun). And they wonder why subscriptions started to drop off...

SWG was supposed to have that potential too. I'm just gonna leave this thread and say, "Good luck." Because its just gonna fizzle and die like SWG did because the creators won't leave well enough alone.

SWG was hands down the best mmo I've ever played until they killed it. I still have fond memories of spending hours just gathering mats from my farms and making med kits to sit in the clinic and heal people. I loved that game.

if this is 1/2 as good it'll be a great game, and I'll try it just for the fact I love KotOR and played it way too many times . :)

BioWare is at the helm. That's enough reason to be interested; however, I quit MMOs after WoW and I don't intend on returning to a pay-to-play game (and free MMOs tend not to hold my interest when my gaming time is limited and I already have a backlog of games to play through).

Still, this will likely be an awesome game. If I read correctly, SOE (Sony Online Entertainment) has nothing to do with this title, so there's less chance of the "This game was awesome until everyone and their dog could be a Jedi; you broke the game, SOE" thing happening again.

As far as I have heard, The Old Republic is going to built around a model similar to Guild Wars, isn't it? Maybe not subscription wise, but play-wise with using henchmen or human party members. I don't know if that's changed, just because I haven't kept up. If it doesn't end up on a console I most likely won't get it, which kinda sucks, but whatever. I'll always have Mass Effect :p

As far as I have heard, The Old Republic is going to built around a model similar to Guild Wars, isn't it? Maybe not subscription wise, but play-wise with using henchmen or human party members. I don't know if that's changed, just because I haven't kept up. If it doesn't end up on a console I most likely won't get it, which kinda sucks, but whatever. I'll always have Mass Effect :p

Well, it will be an MMORPG, and have a monthly subscription fee like most MMORPGs... Most of the people you play with will be human players... And I doubt there will be a console version mainly because it is an MMORPG, and learned from the past, MMOs on consoles never works all that well...you really need full use of a keyboard and mouse...

Well, it will be an MMORPG, and have a monthly subscription fee like most MMORPGs... Most of the people you play with will be human players... And I doubt there will be a console version mainly because it is an MMORPG, and learned from the past, MMOs on consoles never works all that well...you really need full use of a keyboard and mouse...

Well the one thing about keyboard/mouse that kinda works against that is the KOTOR games work out on XBOX first. And if it's not going to be similar to KOTOR in that regard then they really shouldn't be using the name (somewhat).

I'm mostly with phantom on this one I suppose, to me, they're destroying what KOTOR is, to attempt a WoW killer, but whatever. Like I said, if they want to make Mass Effect the new KOTOR and make ToR something that isn't KOTOR but clings to the name, whatever. I'd prefer an actual KOTOR sequel, but BioWare will do what they want to do, and it'll still be good in one way or another I hope.

Last edited:
I will be playing this. The same company that made KOTOR is making The Old Republic. I agree with XionTawa that KOTOR had very MMOesque elements. I've never played KOTOR on XBox, and I don't think I would have liked it on a console. I do hardcore gaming pretty much only on my PC, because there is much more of a limit to what you can do on a console controller. KOTOR on PC was probably one of the best game series in history.

And SWG was awesome until Sony took over. They aren't involved at all.

Back