Star Wars: The Old Republic

Ezekiel 22:30

Bioware has announced their next big project. A KOTOR MMo where you can play as the Empire or the Republic. Confirmed classes so far are Jedi and Sith. They also mentioned they loved WAR and have talked about PvP Worlds and PvE worlds.

They maybe on to something.

http://www.swtor.com/

Looks interesting, but I'm not ready for another MMO yet...I have yet to discover everything in the tome unlocks in WAR.

I am very interested in this game. SWG was my first MMO love and I am a big fan of the Star Wars universe. They haven't even scheduled the beta yet so it is easily a year and a half away, at least. I will be watching it's progress closely.

KoTR was the most amazing rpg I've ever played, so I would definitely give this a go.

I too fell in love with SWG before they ruined it. I can remember spending hours setting up farming equipment and hanging out in the med centers healing people for expierence.

The majority of my time was spent wandering around in the woods tracking animals, capturing and training them, and occasionally getting paid to hunt specific animals for their bone or hide (ranger/creature handler).

Many times my PA and I would just set up an enormous camp in the wilderness and sit around chatting.

Too bad they removed those careers from the game. :p

Yeah, I remember grinding for xp and collecting bone/hide to sell to crafters. I worked so much for one of them (Sar'yana) that she helped me find an armourer to make my BH armor and then paid for it for me.

The developers (Mainly the Bioware guys) have stated that they will not release it until it meets the same standard as other games they have done. And, they said that this game has more content than all of their previous games put together and that includes the Balders Gate games!

Is it too early to start talking about a Redeemed SWTOR chapter?:eek:

May not be too early Bro to show interest in it. Knowing Bioware it will have a long development cycle, so I won't really expect it until late 2010. By that time most will know whether or not it is time to give another game a try. WoW will have been out forever and even diehard WoW fans will be looking for something new. Some WAR players may feel the same way by then too.

Bioware is like Blizzard in the aspect that they take their time with their games and watch what is working and not working in other games. They have cited that the like things about WAR, WoW, and other MMO's. Plus being owned by EA, they can consult with both WAR and old UO developers

I have enjoyed almost all of the Bioware RPG's. KOTOR, Baldur's Gate, NWN, Mass Effect, et cetera. They develop engaging stories and hopefully they keep up the good work with their first MMO endeavor. The art for the game is artistic ala WoW and I see it working for a wide variety of machines. With the two factions I see them really looking for what players like in PvP. Hopefully they develop a better system than WoW.

This is one of the MMO's that I will keep and eye on and sign up for the news letter. Hopefully Bioware delivers.

Back