Stay Aways

Counselor

I am not sure how well this will be received so I throw it out mainly for discussion. The other day I heard some player really degrading another player saying he was a terrible pally. Sorry but I don't care for bullies so I jumped in. Turns out the player being degraded was new and young and doing his best. You can't always go by what others say in the game. The other side to that is the ones I've seen and heard myself. There are some whose attitude and language really hurt the atmosphere of the game and blocking them seems to do little. One got really bad with racial comments a few days ago so I snapshooted and reported it. I was sent a message saying thanks and that the comments were confirmed and serious action was being taken. I've not seen that player on since. I am not sure a list of these severe idiots is a good idea but then again possibly it is. I want to see a list so I know people I'll not do business with. A few have asked TC for armor but I refused saying their attitude and language was something I did not care to associate with. Sure I lost money on that but I'd rather have less and feel good about taking a stand. Many may disagree but I really feel the ones who pollute the game should not be dealt with and I take the stand that we have a duty to be nice to them but also not to associate with them in dealings or parties or whatever. If we don't take a stand as Christians then who will? Just my opinion.

I currently keep (although getting on it takes quite a lot of work) a "suck list"... this list is simply a list of those people that, if you join a dungeon run with them, the run will suck. It is broken into several areas, namely the:

1. Verbally abusive... these guys swear too much, or are racists, or in some way they just make your run lose all of its fun. Mega Loot Drama Kings/Queens recide here as well.

2. Ninjas... go figure. No loot gets thru their fingers if you really needed it.

3. Crappy players. Unlike the pally listed above in Counselor's post, these are players that know how to play, but instead choose to play like crap because they feel like it or because they dont give a care. It is actually really hard to get on my suck list in category three. Repetitive, unremorseful bad play at the drop of a hat (or perhaps the losing of a roll on said hat) is the only way to get on this list, and I so far have restricted it to players of at least lvl 50... they know their characters, so they really don't have an excuse for it.

4. Suspect Guilds... These are guilds that have a significant number of entries on lists 1 or 2. Care should be taken in chosing members of these guilds for dungeon runs.

So far the list is pretty short, and I hope it stays that way.. It is not a Christian's job to judge, but like Counselor said, it is not our part to turn a blind eye to evil either. I don't flaunt my "suck list", no one knows if they are on it or not. Also, the suck entry 2, 3, and 4 do not affect my likelyhood to associate with these people... a few of the entries on list 3 (bad dungeon runner) also show up in my friends list, as these are good people who just can't handle dungeon stresses.

Personally I think its wise to keep a list like this for one reason. I am terrible with names and since a name is the only thing that distinguishes people in this game (its not like I can see them) I at least want to remember if someone was an extreme jerk or offensive. On the same note I want to remember who went out of their way to be kind, to help me or we just clicked good. Just so I can keep this in mind when talking to them next time.

The alternative of course is completely forgetting. If I had God-like memory I would not need a list at all. So I think a list like this is neutral not good or bad. Also, since we are on the subject, what was that mod that allowed for in-game notes? I have been wanting to keep a better list..

I trust the other guild members here and their judgement. If any of you have no problem sharing one of your lists with me I'd appreciate it. My guess is that most of our lists are similar.

Back