Steam Summer Camp Sale

I was very, very tempted to get Torchlight for $3, then my wrists cried out in terror. If there's ever a console version of Torchlight, I'd be interested in giving it a shot.

Its out for xbox 360 is it not for ps3?

Trine is $1.99 today (Monday, July 4).

I feel a tad silly for paying $9.99 for the game. Then again, that was back in November 2009.

The Summer Camp achievement for Hoard has made me regret buying the game.

I wish I could get my $3 back. :( Don't buy Hoard unless you don't care about the Summer Camp achievement in the slightest.

EDIT: Also, be forewarned that the PC version of Hoard does NOT have local co-op like the PSN version does. :(
Okay, Big Sandwich Games knocked the requirement for Hoard's Summer Camp achievement from 20 fireworks to 12, but the game still doesn't have local co-op.

Unfortunately, the game isn't on sale for $3 any more. :(

Monday Night Combat is on sale for $3.74.

Judging by the updates on Steam today, tomorrow's sales (or at least the Summer Camp achievements) will feature RUSH and Poker Night at the Inventory.

Ok I bought and played Torchlight and my short opinion is I think they relied to much on modders to finish the game. It's not buggy as I only had one bug after many hours playing, and that was greatly in my favor, but it is bare bones. Some features one takes for granted simply aren't there according to my Googles for them (can't unstack items, change key bindings easily etc.). It's not a bad game but it's imbalanced at times and rather barren of any extra content. Another few months of adding/balancing things, not really fixing, could have made it a much better game. I've heard they are both making a Torchlight 2 co-op game and a Torchlight MMO and my first thoughts are they are trying to do to much to quickly. If the first game was barren of content an MMO, said to be among the hardest genre to make, + another game will spread content thin, even if the Company has grown after the first game's success.

Still for only 3 bucks it's definitely worth it if you like dungeon crawlers. If nothing else it's a mindless diversion from TF2 when I am doing badly as Spy :p .

Oh yeah Tek I didn't have a wrist problem perhaps because of my mouse setup or perhaps because there was more holding the mouse button down than clicking IDK. If next you see me I am holding my gnarled stump of a hand you'll know the carpel got me and I was wrong :p .

Last edited:
Wow all Sims 3 for $14?!? I have not played this, is it something my 4yr old twins would have fun playing with me, or would we be forced upon too much adult content?

Jamestown, a great-looking indie shmup with 2-4 player local (not online) coop, is on sale for $4.99 today.

I just bought it because I <3 Tyrian and Raptor: Call of the Shadows and it's been a long time since a PC shmup caught my eye.

Just cleared the first two levels of Jamestown on Legendary difficulty. BARELY managed to defeat the second boss in what was a rare I CAN'T BELIEVE I JUST DID THAT THAT WAS SO AWESOME moment that reminded me why I fell in <3 with shmups in the first place.

Indie developer. Great PC shmup. Five bucks. Easy decision. :)

Sanctum is on sale for $3.75 today. Anyone play it? If so, do you recommend it?

I'm going to download the demo now, but I'll need to head to bed shortly. Here's hoping I get to try it out briefly in the morning before the next batch of sales...

EDIT: Company of Heroes is on sale, too. After I saw the original game had a Metacritic score of 93 and the game is on sale for $2.49, I was very tempted to buy it. But my backlog is already ridiculously long and I don't spend much time playing the strategy games I already own. Still this may be a great buy for other strategy fans.

EDIT#2: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is on sale for $3.74. Does anyone else own the game and would you be interested in playing coop online (assuming the game HAS online coop)? I already own the PSN version (bought it on a sale for $7.49) and the only reason I'd get the PC version would be to play multiplayer with CGA community members.

Last edited:
New sales are up!

Worms Reloaded is $5. If I don't buy it today, I'll likely never, ever buy it. But before I buy it, I have to ask: Will anyone play Worms Reloaded with me? The whole appeal of a game like Worms (and the awesome Scorched Earth that preceded it) is in the multiplayer.

If no one else has or is interested in playing the game, I'll probably skip it. My wife isn't interested in the game (sadly), so it's online or nothin' when it comes to multiplayer for me.

Worms never really appealed to me, but it must be a good game based on how long it has been around and its very well praised.

Personally, Amnesia: The Dark Descent is a STEAL at $4.99 today. Just don't play it when the baby is sleeping...she will wake up when you scream like a little girl in the middle of the night! Best with headphones for the intense ambience.

Okay, BassMan (a.k.a. imbrucy) and I are planning to buy Worms Reloaded. If we can find 2 others interested in buying the game, we can snag the 4-pack and lower the cost for everyone who chips in.

Anyone interested? Message me on Steam. Soon. I'll probably buy the game this evening regardless.

EDIT: The user reviews for Worms Reloaded on Metacritic have me reconsidering the purchase now. What to do, what to do...

EDIT#2: Just found this thread on the Steam Forums. Ouch. After reading more about Worms Reloaded, I'm tempted to just pick up Worms Armageddon on the cheap.

EDIT#3: I'm trying to track down a cheap copy of Worms Armageddon now. I'm leaning toward skipping buying Worms Reloaded for the time being. I may change my mind when the Steam Christmas sale rolls around.

Last edited:
Magicka is on sale for $6.00 at D2D...I may pick it up Tek. :)

Also if you get another person in on worms I would be interested...it has been forever since I have played a good worms game.

Last edited:
Magicka is on sale for $6.00 at D2D...I may pick it up Tek. :)
Magicka was on sale on Steam for $3.39 a few days ago. :( If you're not in a hurry to play the game, I'd recommend waiting until the Christmas sales.

Also if you get another person in on worms I would be interested...it has been forever since I have played a good worms game.
I've decided to skip Worms Reloaded for now and continue my efforts to track down a cheap copy of Worms Armageddon.

I'm also going to be trying to get the Summer Camp achievements for Day of Defeat: Source, Galcon Fusion, and Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time.

New day, new sales!

Terraria is on sale for $2.49.

Supreme Commander 2 is on sale for $3.74.

Tempted to pick up Neverwinter Nights 2 Platinum for $6.79 but the user reviews on Metacritic give me pause. Any thoughts on NWN2?

Post Apocalyptic Mayhem is on sale for $2.49, but the game has a 44 on Metacritic. Ouch.

Oh, and I broke down and bought Portal 2. I'm not made of stone, Valve.

Of course, now I'm going to feel a tad silly if I win the Grand Prize (Portal 2 was the top game on my wishlist), but what are the chances of that?

Yeah I have been on the fence about NWN for like 2 years, so I guess that means I won't be getting it unless it was free.

As far as the reviews go, they seem to be either incredibly awful or incredibly great. I guess it's just one of those games you either love it or hate it with nothing in the middle. I have a feeling that for die hard RPG'ers and fanbois there is a great deal of fun to be had in it.

These days $6 can buy you 2-3 games, so if yer on the fence, maybe wait till it drops further and get something else in the meantime.

Back