Steam Summer Getaway Sale (2013)

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
I'm posting this to ask if anyone would recommend Deadlight for $3.74 (would you?), but decided I'd make a general thread for all Steam Summer Getaway Sale deals.

Side note: If you haven't already, I highly recommend picking up Portal 2 for $5. Better yet, find a buddy and split the Portal 2 2-pack so each copy will cost $4.37.

Grey says it's a really short game, didn't feel like it was worth it even when discounted.

Unreal Tournament 2004: Editor's Choice Edition on sale for $3.74 until 4 a.m. Central (5 a.m. Eastern, 2 a.m. Pacific) Wednesday, July 16.

I'm seriously considering buying it even though I already own the Collector's Edition on DVD, just for the convenience (Steam vs. installing from disc, downloading patches, and installing patches).

Don't do it! How often will you play it? Dx
Possibly more often than UT3. I still occasionally play in Unreal Monday (ToJ's UT3 game night) to play with Mostly_Harmless, DannyMeister, Captain_Tea and other server regulars, but UT2004 (specifically, its Onslaught game mode) is a game I'll load up just because I want to. UT3 is more for socializing, UT2004 is more for manic fun (and, I hope, also for socializing, provided others in ToJ pick it up :D).

EDIT: Also: PANCAKE!

EDIT#2: Oh, and I bought it. I know it sounds contradictory for someone who's had Laws of Frugality named after to him to buy a game a second time, but (1) I really like UT2004, (2) it was less than $4, and (3) Steam makes it more convenient to install the game (just download it) than installing it from DVD and patching.

Last edited:
Back