Steel battalion

iamscott

Bill Gates must really be trying to take over the world. A game developer is selling a mechsim for 200 buckaroos. The reason being the huge, 40 button controller, which includes an eject button, to make a truly involving sim. Right....
Would you fork over 200 dollars for a game with a controller on the XBox?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The reason being the huge, 40 button controller, which includes an eject button, to make a truly involving sim.

I've heard of trying to have a "realistic gaming experience" ,but isn't that going a bit to far
rock.gif

Alien2385

I know 4 hardcore mechheads who are buying the games, and if I had an Xbox, so would I. SB is made for the hardcore (if your mech blows up, your saved game is deleted, unless you eject before you blow up).

When you think about it, you are paying 150 for the controller, and 50 for the game. Not that bad. How much do speakers and graphics cards cost? Good sticks are pretty expesive also. Xboxers don't need to upgrade their Xbox every 6 months, so they get to buy the fun stuff.

Shucks, you could get a few really big cardboard boxes and paint them camo colors, put your seat and TV inside and have your very own 'mech!

All hail Steel Battalion! And I hope Mechwarrior 5 is like it!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Alien2385 @ Dec. 11 2002,2:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The reason being the huge, 40 button controller, which includes an eject button, to make a truly involving sim.

I've heard of trying to have a "realistic gaming experience"  ,but isn't that going a bit to far
rock.gif

Alien2385
No its not! You can never go to far!

Well, maybe sticking wires up my nose to shock me everytime I die does cross the line a little...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]When you think about it, you are paying 150 for the controller, and 50 for the game. Not that bad. How much do speakers and graphics cards cost? Good sticks are pretty expesive also. Xboxers don't need to upgrade their Xbox every 6 months, so they get to buy the fun stuff.

Good point.I only hope you can use the controller with other games.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Well, maybe sticking wires up my nose to shock me everytime I die does cross the line a little...

Just a little?
smile.gif

I guess I would go pretty far(without hurting myself)to have a good gaming experience to.

Alien2385

I can't find words that wouldn't shock you to stress how much I YEARN for this game to be released.

Yes. I will buy it. I'm already saving, I've already completed the complicated internal rationalisations needed (£200 for A GAME, just one game! What am I thinking?!!!)

But, being a BIG Mech head, I'm looking forward to it immensely.

Eon

And maybe they will get SteelBatt right, and nobody will hack it like they have hacked MW4:Mercs (its like counter-strike out there!.

Back