StoneMaul FTL

Yes and yes....BUT stonemaul is no where to be found!

edit: just checked again and finally it is listed!

Still offline but I did get to see the GINORMOUS BG queue list earlier today. WSG had like 75 games going, AB had 45 and AV had 22 games. I played half of a WSG before the server went offline, other players from different servers have a * next to their name and it tells you what server they are from in the player list.

I know a bunch of us did some server hopping while Stonemaul was offline till about 4pm Pacific time. Then when Stonemaul was stable again....no one could do 5-10 man instances. -_- Then before I had to go to bed...they restarted the server so I don't know if they fixed things. Oh! They also lost all the auctions I had put up on the AH on both my characters. Argh! Now to find out if they fixed it or not...otherwise...GM TICKET!

GOT BG? Puff Rocks AV using Lag as a weapon!

Puff hit Revered with Stormpike Guard in the NEW, not saying improved, BGS....but at least I seeing some new faces to Burn down! Will have to play more, but LAG last night was HORRID......But I did wind AV 2 times and giving teh general his death blow.:D

Remember to Stay Tuned for More Pink Power Powderpuff Postings ( say 3 times fast)

lol when i was doing NAXX last night it was funny the server crashed, we logged back on our server and we were all falling through the world with everyone who was in MC, BWL, Onyxia, NAXX, and AQ40 it was funny.

The cross-realm battlegrounds crashed earlier tonight on Stonemaul. That wouldn't have been so painful, except that it crashed during the only game that I've ever played with a coordinated cross-realm team. It may very well never happen again.

/cry
/mourn

=\ Stonemaul community FTW.

Stonemaul Alliance/Horde>>>>>>>Other Realm Alliace/Horde.

Other Realms Alliance<<<<<<<<<Other Realms Horde

It's ridiculous. PuG alliance vs PuG horde, 94% of the times, PuG horde wins. Especially in AB. I don't know what's going on with the alliance in AB.

Hey Let's Zerg Farm!
Yay we assaulted it, now everyone leave and zerg bs so horde can just rez and Recap farm!

**side thought**=[[ I'm never going to get my tabard. Ooo! wanna make an AB group sometime and roll over some Horde PuGs?

**back to rant**

Horrribleee- played maybe 15-20 AB games. Won once.

Alliance does *better* in wsg but still no where near good.

I noticed the horde to be more squishier. Probably due to the fact that they aren't all in FA, UE or BR decked out in purples xD

The horde are a lot easier to kill! Can take out one 1v1 no problem, possible 2v1s while before cross realm bgs, it took quite a bit of effort to kill most horde 1v1...and i thought there was something wrong with my spec =[.

With the release of cross server bgs, I realize how great the people who play on our server are.

Indeed, as a rather squishy (and pvp-novice) priest, I used to get pwned regularly with only the occasional heal in small groups (in AV, I can really pull out more healing when I'm safe in a group). Now I'm actually learning how to do damage ala Avesther! 1v1 I can take a warrior down to 25% before going out in a blaze of holy novas (haven't figured out the finish yet).

...1v1 I can take a warrior down to 25% before going out in a blaze of holy novas (haven't figured out the finish yet).

1v1 it helps if your a Shadow Priest. If you have a PvP group you run with, it helps if you are Holy/Disc.

Its a bit gear, gear, gear,

Its a bit tactics, tactic, tactic,

And then its all horde.

Imagine this scenerio: 4 horde incoming to Stables where 3 alliance are defending. The horde priest pops in and fear bombs the flag. The four horde start picking people off one by one while the 3 alliance are running around like chickens. Then the Undead warlock howl of terrors everybody for 18 seconds. The alliance die and the stables are capture. 3 dead alliance, no dead horde. Now this battle could go in any way all in favour of the horde. Say the shaman drops his slowing totem, 3 alliance movement speed is decreased, and all are kited. The tauren warstomps instantly stoping all spell casting and attacks for 2 seconds the frost shocks everybdoy to further slow them.

Now imagine this, 4 alliance attack the farm with three horde defenders. The all come in on the flag and the priest fear bombs them. The two undead WoTF out of the fear and are instantly back in combat. You go after the tauren shaman who is still running with fear on but the moment he takes damage, he is out of fear and warstomps to instantly put the 4 alliance out of commission for 2 seconds, enough time to pop out a couple of totems. The two undead are now hammering on the preist, and your priest is dead. Its now a 3 v 3 fight and the alliance is effectively crowd controlled through the use of totems and frost shock. The shaman kites the alliance around while the undead warrior\rogue\warlock\priest (whatever the case may be) pick off the alliance who are left and being kited one by one.

The cross server BGs have shown me that Horde > Alliance in small PvP battles, not because of skill or gear, but because their racials and classes are better suited for it.

I mean skill on a more general level. I suppose it can sometimes be interchangeable with tactics.

Stonemaul PvP: 3 Horde inc stables, 1 alliance defender. 2 of the horde swarm the lone defender while one horde caps the flag. Defender does everything possible to keep that one horde from capping flag, buying precious seconds for rezzes/back up.

Having the let's-buy-seconds-for-back-up-to-come-mentality and being able to pull it off- skill and tactics

Cross realm PvP: 3 Horde inc stables, 1 alliance defender. Upon seeing the 3 horde coming towards the stables, the lone defender mounts up and rides away. or hides..

Ehh, that's just sad.

Horde racials are geared more towards PvP than most Alliance racials but those won't make or break a BG victory.

Let me work with this 3v1....

a Lt. Knight defending against three horde Sgts...

Lt Knight throws down banner, spamms for help, kills one and holds off the other two while help comes....

gear > numbers...

when i was heavy PvP I could hold off two of almost any class for the rest of the team to come. We would hold with one person in the back and two on the rest, unless we were against better geared then it was 2 and 3. The rest were raidings spots or controlling roads.

Avesther walks into Alterac valley, checks on who is there. Its Avesther and 40 bloodthirst horde.

Avesther: Thats all you got!!! Bring it on, B R I N G I T O N ! ! !
Horde: Its only a squishy priest, CHARGE!!!

Just then, the One Thread falls into the lava of Mount Doom, the eye is destroyed and a great earthquake ensues, swallowing up legions of horde, sending the undead back to the abyss.

Avesther looks around at the battlefield, now emptied. Turns to Mount Doom and yells:

"Is that all you got? Bring it on, B R I N G I T O N ! ! !"

True story I tells ya!!!

Two questions here...

1. who is Bringiton? You must really hate him.

2. Mount of Doom in AV?

I mean the story itself is utterly believable.

Back