Storybook Questions

Abba San

Legacy of Elijah [LoE] - Proud Grandfather
I've searched the forums and googled and still don't get it. My Elementalist has completed all four areas - Prophecies - Nightfall - Factions - Eye of the North. BUT when I look at me storybooks almost none of the pages are checked. I am looking in the normal mode storybooks. I'm not sure when I actually picked up the storybooks in relation to when I completed the missions and quests - but I know there were completed since October.

Question 1) I thought (and have read) about going back and paying 100 gold to fill in pages I had completed. I do not get that option when I talk to the various storybook collectors. Is this not true anymore? Or are there certain conditions in which the purchase option applies?

Question 2) Is there some other way to backtrack and fill in some of the pages? I don't want to have to go back and do all the missions in normal again.

Question 3) Is there a suggested order for completing the books? I want to raise my Asuran level as fast as possible to raise the effect of Pain Inverter.

Question 4) Is there a suggested order to help raise Kurzick faction levels for myself and the guild? I have a bunch of questions about faction - but that is for later.

Any help to any question is much appreciated.

Did you just now get the books, or did you complete the campaigns with the books on you at the time. The books only get filled in if you do stuff while you have them.

I did NOT have the books when I did the missions and quests - at least not all of them. That is why I was wondering if there is a way to purchase check marks.

I DO carry them with me now that I have them. THey should allow you an extra bag to carry storybooks.

Storybooks (for Tyria/Cantha/Elona) came with the Nov 13th update, so it's a possibility that you completed missions before then. They did not count retroactively. I've also heard that sometimes you just don't get the option for paying 100g for a page...even if you have done the mission. I'm not sure if that's a bug or what.

Regardless of why you don't have credit for them...if you don't have the option of paying per-page, the answer is that you have to re-complete the missions (don't have to do bonus) again if you want to fill the books. I typically just work on one area at a time until I fill out a book, to save on inventory space. The books themselves (at least for the normal campaigns) usually don't wield enough benefits to do everything over again by themselves, but they're a nice compliment to working on protector or something.

As for storage - we should be getting that in April. I'm not sure whether it's specifically for books or what...but I know I'd love to have a bag of holding for my armor!
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/ArenaNet:Developer_updates#.5BDev_Update.5D_-_15_January_2009

Thanks - I figured that but wasn't sure.

The storage update is interesting, too.

I'm sure I read somewhere that they weren't allowing anyone to buy missing pages for the Tyrian/Canthan/Elonian/young heros books. I heard the reasoning was that it would offer too much of an influx of "new" plat/gold into the game because of all the players/characters that had already finished. As annoying as it is to have to re-do them, it would have thrown the game economy for a loop.

As for that storage update, I am rooting for a bookbag of some sort, or even a generic blank notebook that you can apply pages to the other books so that you can leave them in storage, in a new bookshelf tab, but still get credit.

I can see how so many people buying pages could affect the in-game economy. Funny how that works on a virtual level as well.

A bookshelf tab would be a great way to solve the storage problem.

I'm sure I read somewhere that they weren't allowing anyone to buy missing pages for the Tyrian/Canthan/Elonian/young heros books. I heard the reasoning was that it would offer too much of an influx of "new" plat/gold into the game because of all the players/characters that had already finished. As annoying as it is to have to re-do them, it would have thrown the game economy for a loop.

As for that storage update, I am rooting for a bookbag of some sort, or even a generic blank notebook that you can apply pages to the other books so that you can leave them in storage, in a new bookshelf tab, but still get credit.

Well then perhaps they should have had them set up so you didn't have to redo the mission over.

I've heard about them saying that the economy was an issue, but I sort of figured it was more a technical one. I was just finishing up Elona/Cantha at the time and it sure would have been nice to at least get the SS or LB points that I missed, even if it didn't come with the gold.

That said - I'm definitely not complaining. It's not like I "lost" anything, and the extra points for vanquishing have been great. :)

This is really driving me nuts. I just picked up the Factions storybook and the NPC won't fill in the pages. I've already done over half the quests, but probably over a month ago. I just wanted the equivalent of ascension and then went back to finish proph. Is there any solution besides redoing everything by now?

If it is over a month you will not be able to purchase the pages.

If the quest/mission was applied to another book you will not be able to purchase the pages.

I learned this the hard way - the "I want to cry" way.

Looks like I'm going to be crying too, Abba. It's been over a month. I just had this sinking feeling when he wouldn't fill them in. I can hardly bear to think of doing the Nahpui Quarter and Tahnaakai Temple again.

Ursina learned the hard way to always carry her books, and let her daughter May carry excess everything else. Also she learned the hard way a nm NF book can not be handed in if you are higher than r4 lightbringer.

Last edited:
There are some of us who will be happy to run through Nahpui and Tahnaakai with you.

Back