Suggestions...

Coolspot

Ok, I didn't know where to put this so I'm putting it here and if it needs to move accordingly so be it, but does anybody have any Recipe ideas/suggestions that has use Saphron for that is one of the only spices that I have that I have no idea (currently) of what to put it in or what would go with it. So as said any ideas/suggestions are appreciated.

Is this inspired by Ratatouille?

Because I remember thinking...that's not something I've ever even though of using...I can't even recall a recipe that calls for it.

But apparently it goes well with cheese and mushrooms? :p

I use allrecipes.com all the time....

Last edited:
Is this inspired by Ratatouille?

Because I remember thinking...that's not something I've ever even though of using...I can't even recall a recipe that calls for it.

But apparently it goes well with cheese and mushrooms? :p

I use allrecipes.com all the time....

I have not seen Ratatouille so I cannot say that it has been inspired because of it it's just something that came up today because I got some Saffron today. Thanks for the link though.

Saffron is HUUUUGELY expensive. You won't find many recipies with it because of that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trade_and_usage_of_saffron

True, it is expensive so it will be something that will be used sparingly.

Oh, I love allrecipes! I used to use Gail's Recipe Swap all the time, until epicurious nerfed it...

Saffron, by the way, is the key ingredient in the famous "yellow rice" you'll find in the grocery store. It's also why yellow rice is so expensive. If you want to try using saffron, you may look into some Indian or Middle Eastern recipes; they use saffron far more than we do in the West. Persian rice dishes, especially, use saffron.

Last edited:
I highly suggest staying away from the Indian food. A quote from a comedian goes something like, "No wonder there are so many people starving in India -- they have all this food but don't know how to cook it."
I don't know where you're going to get your Indian food, but I've enjoyed some rather tasty Indian cuisine in my time.

I highly suggest staying away from the Indian food. A quote from a comedian goes something like, "No wonder there are so many people starving in India -- they have all this food but don't know how to cook it."

I love Indian food. Mattar paneer is one of my very favorite dishes. I also love chelo (Persian), souvlaki (Greek), kafteh (Turkish if you ask a Turk; Lebanese if you ask the Lebanese), and lots of other ethnic dishes.

Back