TBC talents updated 10/11/06

Tinie

Per Eyonix:

We’ve made some additional changes to the talent calculators today. In addition to changing many of the icons, we’ve also made the following changes:

(Hunter) Aimed Shot - Rank 7 not listed, 370 mana, 870 damage.
(Druid) Leader of the Pack - Increases crit % by 5, increased from 3.
(Druid) Moonkin Form - Increases spell crit % by 5, increased from 3.

And 10/12/06:

We’ve made some additional changes to the talent calculators today. In addition to changing many of the icons, we’ve also made the following changes:

Druid:

Feral Combat

Feral Instinct - Reduced to 3 ranks, 5/10/15%.

Thick Hide - Reduced to 3 ranks, 4/7/10%.

Nurturing Instinct - Reduced to 2 ranks, 50/100%.

Survival of the Fittest - Reduced to 3 ranks, same 1/2/3% improvements.

Balance

(NEW) Focused Starlight - “Increases the critical strike chance of your Wrath and Starfire spells by 2/4%.”

Improved Thorns - Renamed "Brambles", now increases damage from Entangling Roots as well.

Omen of Clarity - Swapped with Insect Swarm, prerequisite from Natural Weapons removed.

Improved Wrath - Renamed "Starlight Wrath", reduces cast time of Wrath and Starfire by .1/.2/.3/.4/.5 sec.

Improved Starfire - Reduced to 3 ranks, no longer reduces cast time of Starfire, just has the 5/10/15% stun chance.

Natural Shapeshifter - Moved to Restoration tree, where Improved Enrage was.

Restoration

Improved Healing Touch - Renamed "Naturalist", in addition to the cast time reduction of Healing Touch it also increases all physical damage by 2/4/6/8/10%. Essentially, we folded Natural Weapons into it.

Natural Weapons - Removed.

Improved Enrage - Removed.

Reflection - Renamed "Intensity", mana regen in combat as it did in addition to causing Enrage ability to instantly generate 4/7/10 rage.

Natural Perfection - Changed to "Your critical strike chance with all spells is increased by 1/2/3% and melee and ranged critical strikes against you cause 4/7/10% less damage."

Paladin:

Retribution

Divine Purpose - Now 3 ranks for 4/7/10%.

Sanctified Crusader - Moved to one column to the left of Repentance. Now 3 ranks for increase of 1/2/3%.

(NEW) Crusader Strike - “An instant strike that causes weapon damage plus 40% of your Holy spell damage and refreshes all Judgements on the target.”

Protection

Redoubt - "Successful melee..." changed to "Damaging melee..."

Reckoning - Changed to: "Gives you a 2/4/6/8/10% chance after being hit by any damaging attack that the next 4 weapon swings within 8 sec will generate an additional attack."

Holy

Blessed Life - Now 3 ranks for 4/7/10% chance.

Warrior:

Arms

Weapon Mastery - Increased disarm resistance to 50/100%.

Last edited:
I'll have to look at the new calculators to see how it will effect my overall spec, but I'm happy about these changes to the feral tree, too

This new feral tree.... *sigh*

it's love/hate.

love: filling up the feral tree's new goodies take less points.

hate: getting +10 enrage now takes 13 talents instead of 7. Oh boy, did I mention that filling up the feral tree is only 6 talents cheaper? now I have 5 talents in useless places!

love: I can easily get +10 enrage, +30% mana/5, and clearcast!

hate: but I still have to waste valuable talents to do so.

ultimatum

10/16/06:

Warrior

Spells

(NEW) Stance Mastery - “You retain up to 10 of your rage points when you change stances.”

Arms

Blood Frenzy - Moved up a tier one column to the left of Mortal Strike. Now 2 ranks for 2/4%.

(NEW) Improved Mortal Strike - "Reduces the cooldown of your Mortal Strike ability by 0.2/0.4/0.6/0.8/1 sec and increases the damage it causes by 1/2/3/4/5%."

Second Wind - Reduced to 2 ranks, now "Whenever you are struck by a Stun or Immobilize effect you will generate 10/20 rage and 5/10% of your total health over 10 sec."

Endless Rage - Now a passive effect. "You generate 15% more rage from damage dealt and taken."

Fury

Rampage - Rank 1 (30 AP), Rank 2 (40 AP), Rank 3 (50 AP).

Improved Berserker Stance - Now 5 ranks for 2/4/6/8/10% bonus.

Improved Pummel - Removed.

Improved Whirlwind - Now "Reduces the cooldown of your Whirlwind ability by 1/2 sec."

Protection

Improved Bloodrage - Moved up one tier and generates 3/6 rage.

Improved Shield Block - Reduced to 1 rank, duration bonus increased from .5 sec to 1 sec.

Tactical Mastery - Reduced to 3 ranks. Now "You retain up to an additional 5/10/15 of your rage points when you change stances." Also see the new trainer bought spell “Stance Mastery” which gives you 10 rage retention when switching stances.

Last Stand - Cooldown reduced to 8 minutes, from 10.

Rogue

Combat

Blade Twisting - Moved up two tiers to one column left of Weapon Expertise. Reduced to 2 ranks for 10/20% chance to proc the daze effect.

(NEW) Combat Potency - Where Blade Twisting was. 5 ranks that "Gives your successful off-hand melee attacks a 20% chance to generate 3/6/9/12/15 Energy."

Druid

Restoration

Tree of Life - Now slows by 20%, changed from 50%.

Paladin

Holy

Lasting Judgement - Replaced with "Sanctified Light", which "Increases the critical strike chance of your Holy Light spell by 2/4/6%."

Holy Shock - Cooldown reduced to 15 seconds.

Retribution

Empowered Judgement - Renamed "Sanctified Judgement".

Shaman

Enhancement

Stormstrike - Cooldown reduced to 10 seconds. Mana cost reduced to 277 (at level 70).

Mage

Arcane

Empowered Arcane Missiles - Mana cost increase is now 2/4/6%, changed from 3/6/10%.

Prismatic Cloak - Moved up a tier to the left of Arcane Instability and reduced to 2 ranks for 2/4%.

(NEW) Spell Power - Where Prismatic Cloak was. "Increases critical strike damage bonus of all spells by 25/50%."

Slow - Changed to "Reduces target's movement speed by 50%, increases the time between ranged attacks by 50% and increases casting time by 50%. Lasts 15 sec. Slow can only affect one target at a time."

Hunter

Survival

Hawk Eye - Moved to first tier, where Deflection was.

Deflection - Moved to second tier, where Savage Strikes was.

Savage Strikes - Moved to first tier, to the right of where Hawk Eye was moved to.

Check back soon for further updates.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/burningcrusade/townhall/talents-and-spells.html

10/17/06:

We have once more updated many spells and talents as a part of our Talent Preview.

Warlock

Spells
New screenshots for Ritual of Souls, Soulshatter, Incinerate
Demonology

Improved Firestone - Renamed "Master Conjuror". Now "Increases the bonus Fire damage from Firestones and the Firestone effect by 15/30% and increases the spell critical strike rating bonus of your Spellstone by 15/30%."

Improved Spellstone - Removed, replaced with "Demonic Knowledge".

(NEW) Demonic Knowledge - 3 ranks. "Increases your spell damage by an amount equal to 5/10/15% of the total of your active demon's Stamina plus Intellect."

Demonic Resilience - Now "Reduces the chance you'll be critically hit by melee and spells by 1/2/3% and reduces all damage your summoned demon takes by 5/10/15%."

Fel Intellect - Now "Increases the Intellect of your Imp, Voidwalker, Succubus, Felhunter and Felguard by 5/10/15% and increases your maximum mana by 1/2/3%."

Fel Stamina - Now "Increases the Stamina of your Imp, Voidwalker, Succubus, Felhunter and Felguard by 5/10/15% and increases your maximum health by 1/2/3%."

Demonic Sacrifice - Added effect for Felguard: "Felguard: Increases your Shadow damage by 10% and restores 2% of total mana every 4 sec."

Master Demonologist - Added effect for Felguard: "Felguard - Increases all damage caused by 5% and all resistances by .1/.2/.3/.4/.5 per level."

Rogue

Spells
Disembowel - Removed.
(NEW) Envenom - Replaces Disembowel. Two ranks and is available at level 62. “Finishing move that consumes your Deadly Poison doses on the target and deals instant poison damage. One dose is consumed for each combo point.”

Combat
Vitality - Now "Increases your total Stamina by 2/4% and your total Agility by 1/2%."
Surprise Attacks - Changed to 8% from 5%.

Subtlety
Cheat Death - Now 3 ranks for 10/20/30% chance.
Sinister Calling - Now "Increases your total Agility by 3/6/9/12/15%."
Cloak of Shadows - Now "Instantly removes all existing harmful spell effects and increases your chance to resist all spells by 90% for 5 sec."

Warrior

Arms
Endless Rage - Description changed: "You generate 25% more rage from damage dealt."
Blood Frenzy - Description changed: "Your Rend and Deep Wounds abilities also increase all melee damage caused to that target by 2/4%."

Hunter

Marksmanship
Combat Experience - Now "Increases your total Agility by 1/2% and your total Intellect by 3/6%."

Shaman

Spells
Corrected the level values for several spells and added Water Shield (Rank 2). New screenshots for Bloodlust, Heroism, Water Shield.

Druid

Talents
Added additional information to Mangle.

Priest

Spells
New screenshots for Mass Dispel.

10/18/06:

Warlock

Demonology

Demonic Sacrifice - Felguard effect now restores 2% mana every 6 sec. (changed from 2% every 4 sec.) in addition to the 10% damage increase.

Master Demonologist - Felguard effect tooltip corrected to increase damage by 1/2/3/4/5% and resistances by .1/.2/.3/.4/.5 per level.

Unholy Power - Now also "...increases all Shadow and Fire damage you cause by 1/2/3/4/5%."

Paladin

Spells

Seal of Blood - Additional weapon damage increased to 40%, from 30%.

Priest

Shadow

Vampiric Touch - Rank 3 now costs 425 mana.

Somewhere I got the impression that everyone will get a free respec with the expansion. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Thank you, Angie. Your comprehensive knowledge of all things WoW is truly encyclopedic. How you can hold so much information in that little gnomish cranium is beyond me.

Bah, I just surf and use search functions:) I thought I remembered a post by Drysc on that also that was earlier than Neth's, and thought I had posted it already, but couldn't find it. So, Nethaera's will do.

??? Am I missing something or did they buff the BE pallies with an increase in Seal of Blood while they nerfed Alliance pallies with the other reductions?

Back