Votes: 2 9.1%
  • No preference

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
The CGA Mumble server has been online for a few weeks now with no major issues. Many users that have moderator access on the CGA TeamSpeak Server now also have equivalent rights on the Mumble server.

Would you all prefer to keep only one server or keep both? If you want to keep one server, which one do you want to keep?

The results of the poll won't decide the fates of CGA's voice chat servers, but it will provide important feedback to CGA staff.

Well my options were very limited by this poll.

I did not see the NO TEAMSPEAK EVER!

So, I feel unrepresented by the current executive office. However, I will not be seeking impeachment by poll.

Nor, am I suggesting the current leader of the free forums is doing an inadequate job.

He just stinks at polls.

Icthus's real problem was the lack of a Camm option...
You know my rules, people. No Camm option unless it's a multiple choice poll. Or at least not a serious business poll. And this is indeed serious business.

In my personal experience, I have had a TON is issues with Mumble, and little to no issues with TeamSpeak. Just saying...

Some key things to consider here that Mumble has that TS3 does not:

1. In game overlay that lets you know who is talking. (very sweet)
  2. Built in FPS meter. (no more fraps needed)
  3. Positional Audio (amazing when you play a game that supports it)
  4. Works on androids and iPhones. (can you say wow!)
  5. It is open source. (TS3 is closed)
  6. It is skinnable.
Some things of personal experience.

1. The Audio wizard, while powerful, is not too difficult and once you do it right you are set. No more tweaks needed on volume for individual players.
  2. Latency and bandwidth usage is much lower than TS3.
  3. The quality is amazing, like crystal clear. A few of us jumped back and forth the other night and it's very noticeable how much clearer it sounds.
  4. The admin powers are really robust. (neat things like cross-room linking and broadcast across all rooms)

In my personal experience, I have had a TON is issues with Mumble, and little to no issues with TeamSpeak. Just saying...

Sorry to hear that, I have had zero issues with both clients across multiple machines. Both work flawlessly in my experience.

Maybe making a list of known pros/cons in the title post would help? I've used mumble a little more the TS. But still not familiar enough either either to make a completely informed choice.

Edit:
Darn you Ewok! Posting things I'm trying to say while I'm researching the issues!!

Thus far, I like TS better then mumble. It has an individual volume control option. After doing a little reading in the forum here. I understand that mumble is supposed have a compressor that auto lvls everyone. But you do still end up with some that are a fair amount louder or quieter (like me) then others. I believe TS has this as well, just not as aggressive?
TS has always been clear for me, and have not yet had the need to volume adjust anyone. :/

On a different feature. Mumble does have the certificate/token for users. Which might make it easier to ban trolls. Of course this also depends on how easy it may be to reset that.

TS - Just started advertizing an Overwolf plug-in. It looks like it can make the TS ingame overlay interactive among many other things like video recording, skype, FB, and steam chat.

Those are the only 3 differences I am aware of.

However, I'm using mumble right now because that's were the people I know are at.

Last edited:
Some key things to consider here that Mumble has that TS3 does not:

1. In game overlay that lets you know who is talking. (very sweet)
  2. Built in FPS meter. (no more fraps needed)
  3. Positional Audio (amazing when you play a game that supports it)
  4. Works on androids and iPhones. (can you say wow!)
  5. It is open source. (TS3 is closed)
  6. It is skinnable.
Some things of personal experience.

1. The Audio wizard, while powerful, is not too difficult and once you do it right you are set. No more tweaks needed on volume for individual players.
  2. Latency and bandwidth usage is much lower than TS3.
  3. The quality is amazing, like crystal clear. A few of us jumped back and forth the other night and it's very noticeable how much clearer it sounds.
  4. The admin powers are really robust. (neat things like cross-room linking and broadcast across all rooms)

1. Overlay - Pretty sure TS does this. There is a plugin for it.
2. FPS - Overwolf adds video recording an a ton of other stuff like FB, skype, steam chat
3. Positional - ok
4. Ipone/andriod - TS does this as well
5. umm...
6. Skins - TS does this - http://addons.teamspeak.com/directory/plugins/overlay.html

Check out Overwolf add-on for TS. It has a lot of stuff - http://www.overwolf.com/Features/TeamSpeak

Last edited:
1. 3rd party addin yes. Not native.
2. 3rd party Overwolf yes.
3. Positional audio is very neat, you should check it sometime in a raid and trip out.
4. Your right! they do now.
5. Hey yo
6. Your right! they do now.

Overwolf is actually very sweet, I have been checking it out for a month or so. I love some of the functionality it offers and can't wait to see what else they add. It is 3rd party to Teamspeak but looks to be solid integration.

Problem with all these 3rd party solutions is it makes it more work for the user to get up to speed and possibly causing a roadblock to entry.

When it comes down to it, the quality and low usage win it for me every time. The audio levels is a great feature, I am so tired of constantly adjusting a bunch of different people. In mumble if one person is too loud or soft it is because they switched the mic distance to something since they ran their audio wizard and should adjust themselves with a 5 second wizard, not force 15 others to all set them differently.

All said, I like TS3, not trying to dis it, I just like mumble more. :)

Last edited:
Problem with all these 3rd party solutions is it makes it more work for the user to get up to speed and possibly causing a roadblock to entry.

Ya, installing another program does add a few steps that can turn people off. :/ But it was fairly simple just the same.

Would you all prefer to keep only one server or keep both? If you want to keep one server, which one do you want to keep?

I strongly favor picking only one. Having some people here and others there, takes away from the active community feel. Also, it adds more to administration.

side note:
3. TS has an option to "set clients 3d positions when available." Not sure if this the same or not.

I voted no preference. I don't use either of them extremely often, and I haven't had any problems with either. As long as one of them stays up and gives me a way to talk with other CGA players, I'm happy.

Sorry to hear that, I have had zero issues with both clients across multiple machines. Both work flawlessly in my experience.

The mumble client has worked fine for me (other than some initial setup issues since I use a webcam, wired, and wireless headset depending on the situation, and mumble didn't like that). It was the server side that gave me issues.

But heh, mumble works, (but no mobile app :( ).

Back