Tek needs work badly

Status
Not open for further replies.
[gfc#6]suicidebomber;370831 said:
You don't have any clue about how many times this has gone on in private dude. If you don't know what you are talking about ask the parties involved before making any judgments. HIs whining posts are a public testament to his private dealings. That's all i'm going to say.
"Dude"... again, out of line. I'm amazed at the meanness in your heart. Where is the love, compassion, fruits of the Spirit?

Edit: FYI, "Dude," I have had private communications with Tek. I've read his resumes and been to his website. The only reason I can fathom that Tek doesn't have a job is that God has something better planned for him. God is in control. My brother-in-law went several years looking for a job after getting his master's degree. He didn't settle for any other jobs than one at a major Christian television ministry on the east coast because he felt that that is where God wanted him. He finally got in the door and is now a senior VP. God rewarded his patience and faithfulness.

Last edited:
re-read the prophets..the old testament. they tried niceties in private. Only when Israel was hard headed or whined in public did they get "mean". The OT still applies dude..this has nothing to do with being mean...it has to do with showing how the current path is not working..sometimes being direct is the only way. What i am doing is most assuredly not un-biblical...and I never attacked tek or anyone else personally....however being direct and not sugar coating things is sometimes the only way.
Most folks wouldn't know about the OT prophets because they don't want to read the "harsh" things in there..crack it open..it'll be enlightening.

Edit: FYI, "Dude," I have had private communications with Tek. I've read his resumes and been to his website. The only reason I can fathom that Tek doesn't have a job is that God has something better planned for him. God is in control. My brother-in-law went several years looking for a job after getting his master's degree. He didn't settle for any other jobs than one at a major Christian television ministry on the east coast because he felt that that is where God wanted him. He finally got in the door and is now a senior VP. God rewarded his patience and faithfulness.

My point exactly. I've been in private communications with him long before you were a member. i've seen his resumes, websites, etc etc etc..preach to another choir. He has three paths I can suggest number 1 is going to lead to more of the same. Unlike the health and wealth preachers The bible clearly states you DO have to take some kind of action sometimes on faith for God to move your life. Considering the rut I've given two very valid suggestions based on long standing communications. There's one major difference...your BIL said he feel God pulling him in a certain direction...that's a far cry from Tek when he says in public HE(tek) has GUIDELINES not this is what GOD wants for him. That simple difference makes the two situations quite different. If Tek had said..I have an idea this is what God wants form me...i wouldn't say anything otherwise.

Last edited:
I started this thread in the hope that community members would direct me to job leads or resources that would lead me to finding employment. I also asked for continued prayer that my efforts would finally pay off.

You guys infer that Tek spends all his time on the computer goofing off. I don't think that's the case. We all need some downtime and playing a game is one way of doing it. I don't see Tek online playing games during the day. Maybe you guys know Tek personally and see him frequently and perhaps know more than we do. If not, however, you are both way out of line. Tek is doing a good thing with the CGA & ToJ ministry. God has ministered to hundreds if not thousands of people through this ministry. Slamming someone asking for help, especially a brother in Christ, is inappropriate. Prayer and constructive advice would be much more helpful.
Thank you.

I'd like to say a few words to those who may not be familiar with my situation or may not know me personally so I can help prevent any misunderstandings:

As Aleron suggested, the time I spend playing games and managing these communities comes after I spend most of the time available during business hours looking for employment. I have a personal policy of not playing any games before 4:30 p.m. or 5 p.m. Central Monday through Friday and I try to limit the time I spend on the forums as well. I found myself feeling convicted for spending as much time on the forums as I did in the last few weeks, which explains why part of my post explained why I won't be posting as frequently or at least during the same times.

As for gaming: I see no problem spending some time during my evenings playing games with the members of the community that I and many others helped establish. Tribe of Judah has three game nights in which I participate (Unreal Monday, TF2sday, and Left 4 Wednesday), none of which take more than 2 hours.

As for starting a business: I appreciate the suggestions that were posted in a polite tone; however, given all the variables (not all of which I've posted ot the forums), my wife and I both maintain that starting a business at this time would be unwise. I hope and pray there will come a time in the future where my situation allows for starting a business of my own. If and when that time comes, I will be sure to re-read the helpful advice posted in this thread.

I understand that some people unfamiliar with my personal situation are quick to say, "Just take a job, any job," but, again, they don't have all the information regarding my situation. It's not that simple. Making assumptions based on limited information leads to a breakdown in communication, as it has again in this thread. If it was as simple as "take whatever's available right now and jump ship to something better as soon as possible," I wouldn't have had need to post this thread in the first place.

If you're of the opinion that I'm lazy, arrogant, or otherwise wrong, then pray the Holy Spirit would convict me of the error of my ways and let Him do His job. Trying to browbeat people into agreeing with you not only fails to persuade, but often leads to unnecessary conflict. Say it once using the proper communication channels, then let the matter rest. (Sin against another believer is a separate issue. For guidance on that topic, see Matthew 18:15-16.)

A person can have a valid point, but lose credibility when he or she delivers that point in a mean-spirited manner.

I think the matter can be settled with a single verse:
Brothers, if someone is caught in any wrongdoing, you who are spiritual should restore such a person with a gentle spirit, watching out for yourselves so you won't be tempted also.
Source: Galatians 6:1, HCSB

In order to prevent any further inflammatory posts, I've decided to lock this thread.

If you still wish to contact me regarding job leads or employment resources, please feel free to send me a PM.

Thanks again to everyone who posted suggestions in an encouraging spirit, sent links or leads through PM, or prayed for me during this difficult job search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back