Tek shops for a Sprint smartphone

Sprint is still the most liberal in terms of data and I use a ton of data (tether to my ipad) and have yet to see any throttling. Also with the Sprint family/friends plans (that anyone can get if you know the back door entrance) you cannot beat their plans and save 100s a year.

The price of unlimited data on Verizon and ATT is so outrageous compared to Sprint, you cannot say they are in the same category.

We cannot get sprint here (the closest sprint store is 2 hours away, and people I know who have sprint get less signal than Verizon users, and V users have an awfully hard time), so I don't know much about their prices, but unlimited data on AT&T is only $29.

Can you link that?

No, because it varies depending on State. In Colorado, the AT&T unlimited plan is $45. In Indiana (where I live), it's $29.

EDIT: But like I said, Sprint moved out of our area a while ago, and never came back, LOL.

Heh. I just went on their website, and I guess they have a kiosk in our mall now, but it would cost me almost $30 more to switch to them. So $30 more for unlimited data, but spotty service, nope. lol :p

But getting back on topic, I think the Galaxy S II looks nice. I am all about battery life (which is why I use an iPhone 4), and the S II has the best, (but still doesn't compare to the iPhone 4).

Last edited:
But getting back on topic, I think the Galaxy S II looks nice. I am all about battery life (which is why I use an iPhone 4), and the S II has the best, (but still doesn't compare to the iPhone 4).
I'm not considering the iPhone 4S.

But, yes, the S II is shiny. I just don't know if it's shiny enough to warrant spending twice as much.

But, yes, the S II is shiny. I just don't know if it's shiny enough to warrant spending twice as much.

*cue android is slower and less stable than iOS post*

One, I was just mentioning the battery life, and I didn't say 4S, I said 4. lol :p The 4S sucks battery almost as bad as Android phones.

But, I now must ask, why not consider an iPhone? As the previous post simplified, it is faster and more stable and has a better battery life, so why did you choose Android?

But, I now must ask, why not consider an iPhone? As the previous post simplified, it is faster and more stable and has a better battery life, so why did you choose Android?
Because I want an Android phone, not a iPhone. It's a personal preference. And I'd rather not spend my time on an Android vs. iOS debate.

Because I want an Android phone, not a iPhone. It's a personal preference. And I'd rather not spend my time on an Android vs. iOS debate.

I can't argue with that, LOL, but I have to say I have never had anyone respond that way before. :p

So the Galaxy S II is $80 on Amazon Wireless and $200 on the Sprint web site. The Motorola Photon is $50 on AW and $100 on Sprint.com.

...What gives?

I'm assuming there's a catch. What is it?

I know you said android, but seriously try out the iPhone. It's a lot smoother on the screen. I used to be a keyboard no touchscreen nut and finally i caved in and tried an iphone. I don't think I'll ever go back to anything else. I also have it for sprint which is great.

The android is great but the iPhone is just a lot simpler to use. I have several friends who all have droid phones and tried my iphone out just to see the difference and they agree it's just easier. Android is very much driven by people who seem to be the techie programmer bunch. Where as the iphone does seem to cater toward the "I just want my phone to work simply" plug and play crowd.

But if you must go droid read this article from cnet
http://reviews.cnet.com/best-android-phones/

Tek is of the "techie bunch" and also ... Have you seen the G-II next to the i-phone in a store? There is no competition, i-phone gets owned.

I can go either way on the keyboard thing. Every now and then I have to use my wife's palm pre with slide out keyboard and I find that I like it a lot better then a touch screen. There is something very satisfying about a full keyboard with button presses. It is not enough for me to switch to a slider tho, the oreo cookie effect drive me insane.

Last edited:
Tek when do you have to make your decision by? Can you wait for the
http://www.sprint.com/landings/lte/index.html?ECID=vanity:nexus
Ice Cream Sandwich baby!!!
Well, my phone's already on the blink, so I'm not sure how long I can reasonably hold out. I considered buying a $25 Go Phone and slapping my AT&T SIM card in that, but it's unclear whether that's "legal" or not.

And when the Galaxy Nexus does arrive at Sprint, I'm sure it will be aimed at the "early adopter" demographic and priced accordingly. I'm hesitant to spend $200 on a phone; I'm certain I won't want to spend whatever Sprint plans to charge for the Galaxy Nexus.

Still, if I find a way to fix my current phone, I may be able to wait long enough for a price drop on the Galaxy Nexus. It does look quite shiny.

Back