Temporarily leaving

Weazel

I haven't been on the boards for a while, couldn't get it working.

I talked to Bowser a couple days back about my current predicament. I've had a lot of fun with you guys, but as of the moment, I can't group with you guys since most of you are around the level 30-40 range. We lack any healers level 40+, so it will be a while before we can do guild only activities for the high end. Basically, I have been unable to group with many of you because of the level discrepency, and as a result, I have been joining pickup groups or grouping with some other guilds.

What I have been thinking about is leaving the guild with my paladin, and trying to find another guild that I can raid and party with for the time being. This, I think would be more beneficial at the time, because not only will I be able to group more, but also get many of you into groups too (I hope). There's really a lot to be misssed for me by staying in the same guild from level 1 to 60.

This does not mean I am leaving entirely. I will keep many of you guys in my friends list and try to party with you guys if I can. I will definately keep an alt in the guild, most likely a priest (My warrior is still in guild too). And if any of you guys would need help with anything, feel free to ask me.

This also means I will have to step down as my position as Dungeon Leader. Suffice it to say, I did not do a very good job of it. It was much too hard for me to keep track of everyone, their levels, and which instances they needed to do. The only thing I could do reliably was provide information about a specific instance: Quests, how to get them, items, etc. Bowser, and many others who have been around longer are in better touch with everyone in the guild, can probably plan these events better. If anything, I was hoping to plan raids for the high end instances, but this will not be possible for some time.

I love you guys, and have had a lot of fun. It's a hard decision to make, and I'd hate to leave you guys out in the cold. Especially when we are striving to put God first, it makes it that much harder. Therefore, I am hoping to make a compromise, by staying with my alts and by joining with you guys when I can. And at the same time, I can experience what it's like to be in another guild and to no longer be joining pickup groups.

Weazel said:
I haven't been on the boards for a while, couldn't get it working.

I talked to Bowser a couple days back about my current predicament. I've had a lot of fun with you guys, but as of the moment, I can't group with you guys since most of you are around the level 30-40 range. We lack any healers level 40+, so it will be a while before we can do guild only activities for the high end. Basically, I have been unable to group with many of you because of the level discrepency, and as a result, I have been joining pickup groups or grouping with some other guilds.

What I have been thinking about is leaving the guild with my paladin, and trying to find another guild that I can raid and party with for the time being. This, I think would be more beneficial at the time, because not only will I be able to group more, but also get many of you into groups too (I hope). There's really a lot to be misssed for me by staying in the same guild from level 1 to 60.

This does not mean I am leaving entirely. I will keep many of you guys in my friends list and try to party with you guys if I can. I will definately keep an alt in the guild, most likely a priest (My warrior is still in guild too). And if any of you guys would need help with anything, feel free to ask me.

This also means I will have to step down as my position as Dungeon Leader. Suffice it to say, I did not do a very good job of it. It was much too hard for me to keep track of everyone, their levels, and which instances they needed to do. The only thing I could do reliably was provide information about a specific instance: Quests, how to get them, items, etc. Bowser, and many others who have been around longer are in better touch with everyone in the guild, can probably plan these events better. If anything, I was hoping to plan raids for the high end instances, but this will not be possible for some time.

I love you guys, and have had a lot of fun. It's a hard decision to make, and I'd hate to leave you guys out in the cold. Especially when we are striving to put God first, it makes it that much harder. Therefore, I am hoping to make a compromise, by staying with my alts and by joining with you guys when I can. And at the same time, I can experience what it's like to be in another guild and to no longer be joining pickup groups.

We all find what is important to us in these games. Good luck in your endevours.

Cory

I hate to see you go.

Given that you want to concentrate more on high end content, and given how much high end content Blizz will be adding (Battlefields and 2 or 3 more raid instances) is it fair to say that your alts will not get very much attention at any rate?

Why not simply switch your attention to an alt priest that, by your own observation, we are desparatly lacking? That way, you can participate with us more often. Then when all the 30/40s get to the high end content, you will have a couple choice 'toons to choose from. Because you have already done alot of the content, you would be very usefull to alot of us who are struggling through some of this content. And you would be helping us through it as an "equal" instead of somebody who can just kill all the creeps for us.

You obviously can level characters fast, and by switching your focus to a lower level character, you will not be spending alot of time joining pick up groups.

From my count, we stand to have 20 lvl 60's in the guild (good chance even more). That is half a raid party. Our guild is in the top ten based on experience on Illidan. We may not be as fast to lvl 60 as you were but where are we going to be should exo, cammandus and bowser leave as well because the rest of us are not levelling as fast as they did (are)?

You have an opportunity to leave or to change your focus a little bit for the guild.

I'd hate to see you go and I would be lieing if I didn't say that I will also be disappointed to see you go.

---

Edit: After ready Thads post, which happened while I was typing the above, I must say he is right. You have to find what you like in the game, and it sounds like you aren't going to find it in Choose Joy.

The above stuff still stands. I hope you weren't expecting all warm fuzzies on a departure notice.

And so does your choice still stand. If you want to leave to do high end content, then happy trails. I and probably every other guild member would rather you stay and maybe focus on your priest alt.

Last edited:
You are right, maybe I am looking too far into it, maybe I'm taking things too seriously, maybe I levelled too fast, maybe I should take a break and play on an alt. I really don't know.

I've thought it over, and as much as I would hate to leave, I'd at least like to see what it's like to be in another guild. Then I will have no more regrets or second thoughts.

Don't get me wrong, I've had a blast with you guys. I never intended to have all my characters in the guild though and have always wanted to try new things out with other guilds.

About playing a priest, I hope to do both. Unfortunately I'm still a bit attached to my paladin.

I think we are all attached to our mains.

I think CJ offers almost everything people want in a guild, except maybe what more competative guilds offer. Of course I am not a competative person, so they have no draw for me.

We all don't level at the same rate.

What level is your priest alt? I was talking to Thad and he said he is willing to put some time into his. I think there are enough lvl 40's that we could group up and power level (via quests) some priests into the lvl 30 range. If you guys just picked up red quests that gave 1,000 to 3,000 xp for completion, it wouldn't take long. You wouldn't get much for kills, but you could grind some of that away.

As far as DM, we need to chit chat about that. So please PM me when you have a few moments.

My mistake, I probably should have talked to you privately first to begin with.

I'll PM you when I can.

Well... This is a game and you pay to play how you want not how an orginazation (guild) thinks you should. You should sieze the day and go and explore with your paladin. when i began to read your post i thought you were cancelling your account lol. If we can still talk to you in game then you have not left (im my point of view). We can always make a choosejoy chat like we did on cenarius. If you did make a priest and kept it in the guild from 1-60 you may also be "missing" alot of different things, although i partially disagree. I have always kept my players in the TOJ guild we have set up. These are wholesome and friendly guilds, others may not be or are not. In the long run you will discover everything there is to discover on the Alliance, and despite the fact that you are 38 levels higher than i am, i can gurantee you that. But go where you think you shall go and go forth and tell everyone of God's love and all that gushy stuff :)

Yeah I'm really disappointed in how the endgame was designed right now. Currently I have to resign to trying to get in pickup groups if I ever want to get good loot or do any of the high end content. And being a paladin, it makes it harder to find a group as well as actually win the rolls to get something I want.

To put it into persective, I did one instance 20 times to get something I want. It dropped once and I lost the roll. When I CAN get in a group, it can be a pot of fun.

I just started up a priest, and hopefully I'll be playing that more often. But when I do play my paladin, I'd hope to not have to find pickup groups.

I do miss alliances, and im surprised that WoW doesnt have them. I go into an instance looking for fun and not material things, so if i get an uber drop, thats cool, just another cool thing :)

Odale said:
I do miss alliances, and im surprised that WoW doesnt have them. I go into an instance looking for fun and not material things, so if i get an uber drop, thats cool, just another cool thing :)
That will change once you hit the higher instances :)

Uber drops ARE the fun.

I suspect Blizzard hadn't anticipated as many people reaching lvl 60 as they did. In my opinion, most people who have reached lvl 60 by now probably leveled to fast. It seems the crux of people are still mid 40s to low 50s. Given the anticipated release of Battlegrounds and some instances, I think they were anticipating most people to be averaging high 40's right now.

And if you think it is hard getting into a group as a paladin, you should try being a rogue. Who needs cardboard wearing melee? I would love to see blizz add some real content in the high end instances for rogues. Like a door that required 5 rogues with at least 285 lockpicking to open, or monsters that can only be affected by poison damage. All of a sudden people will be looking to add rogues, especially given the 1 week reset timers on some instances.

I really do wish you had talked to me...but you didn't and the past can not be changed. You can ask Bowser, you will find I will challange your decision and test your spirit until all possibilities has been exhausted.

In the end, if you are feeling as being led by the Lord to move on, I suggest you do. I trust you have prayed and searched his will and you are not leaving simply for selfish reasons. I think there are lots of great opportunities in guild for you to shine and help out in and if they are not appeasing to you, then you must find your way.

I must remember the prodigal son. I pray that you will find what you are looking for and if don't, you will be welcomed back. By then, we will have killed onyxia on both the alliance and horde servers though. It could happen!!!

Weazel said:
That will change once you hit the higher instances :)

Uber drops ARE the fun.

having uber drops is fun, but drops cannot provide happiness, grasshoppa.

What I don't understand is why I must have every character in our guild. Currently I have three characters in the guild, and would it really be so wrong to have one of them leave to experience what it's like outside of it?

There's little else that I can say right now. Anything else is probably better reserved for private conversation.

Weazel said:
What I don't understand is why I must have every character in our guild. Currently I have three characters in the guild, and would it really be so wrong to have one of them leave to experience what it's like outside of it?

There's little else that I can say right now. Anything else is probably better reserved for private conversation.

I don't think anyone is saying you can't have characters in other guilds. ToJ has never been a system that works that way in any game. I think it comes down to you wanting to pull your highest level out of the guild to join another that is the issue. I don't want to get into my personal feelings on the whole thing. You do what you feel you must do, we can't make that decision for you. Of course we want you to stay, but it is up to you in the end.

I will say this though. I come from a long history of online gaming and several different guilds and what I have seen by a majority of the lvl 50+ members of our guild has been a disappointment. You get out of the guild what your willing to put into it and some are not willing to put much in.

Cory

For public information, Weazel and I talked via AIM for 20 minutes today. And while I have personal reservations, I am quite ok with letting him leave. The issue I did have was with taking his highest level character. I understand and accept why he is, Choose Joy right now can't satisfy his goals for the game right now. We will be able too, there is no doubt about that. There is a crux of lvl 30's and 40's making their way upto lvl 60 who have been working together and learning with each other that will make Choose Joy a very strong and cohesive unit to do high level content.

I plan, and weazel has agreed as well, to grill weazel to help prepare us for that high lvl content. I think this can be a win - win solution. And I will continue to work to such a cause.

Back