Terri's Dead!

God is in control!

This means to me, feeding tube or not, her death or survival was rightfully in the hands of God and not in the decisions of man. So why argue over the decision Micheal made to follow through on his wifes last wishes?

---

And it should be noted, that I have challanged people to define death. And not one has yet to step up to the plate. Of course, most peoples definition would undoubtedly change in light of the Schiavo case. But none the less, we don't have "soul" or "spirit" meter. She could have been called home months or years ago and technology could have been keeping her body functioning.

Last edited:
Gods_Peon said:
This means to me, feeding tube or not, her death or survival was rightfully in the hands of God and not in the decisions of man. So why argue over the decision Micheal made to follow through on his wifes last wishes?

hhmm..we could use that argument to condone murder of any kind. Everyones death or survival is in God's hands...not just Terri's. Sadam killed his own people but why argue over the decision he made to follow through on his own wishes...the lives of the Iraqi's he killed were in God's hand too.

Gods_Peon said:
And it should be noted, that I have challanged people to define death. And not one has yet to step up to the plate. Of course, most peoples definition would undoubtedly change in light of the Schiavo case. But none the less, we don't have "soul" or "spirit" meter. She could have been called home months or years ago and technology could have been keeping her body functioning.

Your right we don't know when Terri's spirit left her body. But if it had already left then it wasn't really hurting her in any way to keep the body alive was it? But, on the other hand...if her spirit was still there in her body then a killing was committed.

I hope I am not offending you with this discussion Gods_Peon. I realize this can be a very touchy topic. I respect your thoughts and this thread is definitely making me think.

:mad: Enough!!!!!
When do we draw the line of life???

What will be next???

1) Remember when abortions came in first.
2) partial Birth abortion Which you can do up to when a women is nine month pregnant and has the baby with the head still stuck in her then they suck out the brain.
Here is a link that you can see some what I have written in point 2.
http://www.nrlc.org/abortion/pba/
3) Now with Terri killing her. Yes that is what I believe.
The Bible says DO NOT MURDER you should not have to interoperate it.

Gandhi said:
Well do u expect mike to live alone untill terri finally died of natural causes.

Again I want to say he was married to Terri, so he would know Terri better than anyone else. Also I agree this is their personal situation and we probobly don't know everything. We're getting the he said, she said. We wern't there to know all the facts.
Yes he should have waited until she died of natural causes I don't believe in divorce. I believe also that since her parents raised her they knew her very well too.

Didasko said:
Terri's death was a part of God's plan.

God is in control!

What if it was God's plan to bring Christians together in righteous indignation through allowing the enemy to kill a helpless woman? What if we all heed this warning shot over the bow? What if we all united together as Christians and did away with our denominational bias? What if we all fought together as one for the 'soul' of our nation?

Imagine the work that God could do through us!

"Amen" to that Didasko I agree with you

When will we finally stop excusing ending someone elses life?

May GOD Bless you all
Manuela (RED)

She starved to death. Did she suffer while doing so, we don't know. Was she suffering to be alive before that, we don't know. What was Gods will in all this, thats personal.

Maybe for Didasko, it was to unite some people. Maybe for others, it was a lesson about making you finally wishes known, for what ever reasons. For others, to debate technology and for others, it could be something else entirely.

Who is right? We all are.

But what I find interesting is that the media played and paid so much more attention to the Schiavo case then they have the death of the Pope. I guess, satan won as well.

Last edited:
My view on the whole incident.

A) She put herself in this whole situation by choosing to be bulimic. This caused what would be her eventual collapsing and then later her need for a feeding tube.
B) She had been in the state for 15 years with out very much response to any kind of treatment, in over the 15 years of her condition scientists couldnt come up with a cure for it.
C) Maybe it was God's will to take the situation into the public. Maybe it was God that meant for her to die and then man interfered with it? Man interferes a lot with God's will.

I think the whole thing is overpromoted, and I frankly cared not for what happened. Happens everyday in the world today, and in biblical times if something like that happened, there would be no feeding tube to sustain them.

I don't believe it was an attack on God based on the fact that she was, in my eyes, permanently damaged and no recovery would be made that would benefit her enough to make her life even worth living afterwords.

Overall, I don't care too much for the situation, and I think it actually puts Christians in the same category as "hippies" if you see how everyone is acting in a hypocritical matter. People are making fools of themselves, and treating the situation wrong completely.

OH, and the only reason she was helpless was because of her own actions which led her on that path which in the end barred her to a hospice room. I don't think it brought "Christians together" exactly, or more brought the society of the "Cultural Christian" to a standing opposition because they didn't think it was "ethical."

She killed herself in my opinion. She committed Capitol Punishment on herself with her intense eating disorder. People die everyday, this has been blown way out of proportion.

It's all my opinion, as I said. PM me your comments and negative things, cause I know a lot of people wont like what I have to say.

Last edited:
lol...you didn't say anything new Phix. A lot of people share your opinion. I don't think anyone here is going to flame you for your opinion. Many of us don't agree with you, but why have a discussion board if your not willing to allow the other side of an issue to be argued?

Your actually in the majority when it comes to public opinion in the US.

uumm...I don't understand the Christian, hippie comparison. Could you expand on that a bit?

I agree with you that she got herself into this mess by her lifestyle, but if we put a death sentence on anyone who had that lifestyle or others that are just as damaging...we would have a lot of ghost towns.

What exactly makes life worth living Phix?

Gods_Peon said:
But what I find interesting is that the media played and paid so much more attention to the Schiavo case then they have the death of the Pope. I guess, satan won as well.

I agree God's_Peon the media was way out of control. They have been for decades and it is getting worse by the day.

They had plenty (if not too much) coverage of the pope's death though. The pope is just another sinner like you and I. To much importance is placed on him.

Well, Hippies are the ones who start an upheavel about something and then complain for no reason when in reality the problem would probably not effect this person whatsoever. For the Schiavo case, lots of Christians got involved, called it an attack against God, Pro-Life, and the Christian Society. When in all truth it was the depletion of a physical human body which has been exerted to living life in a state that is common in the world today for people who suffer from things of the such, but in this case a law case propelled it into a media storm in which lured Christians into it. No one would have ever known if it werent for a legal battle. You probably won't follow me on that, its pretty jumbled.

Well, for the few who do know Him, He is the reason to live. He is the living water, the bread, the endurance that can keep you going on whatever circumstances. That is power enough for me to live. Power enough for me to hold fast, and power enough for me to have faith(Hebrews 11:1.)

Phix said:
No one would have ever known if it werent for a legal battle.

The legal battle itself is the reason Christians got involved. Our judiciary system is out of control at the moment. It is also full of liberal minded people who, if we are not careful, will continue to take away the rights of Christians.

As for this case not effecting Christians or having any long term detrimental effects on our rights...do you really believe that? Life is becoming less sacred with every court battle that ends in the death of a helpless person.

This is another step down a slippery slope.

lol...never been called a hippie before :)

I understand what all of you are saying about this being a family matter. And that the media should not have been involved the way they were. I also understand the fact that without a miracle Terri would not have improved. But I also understand what is at stake here...and it appears that most people don't.

I have a question, which is better:

1. The senate doing an end run around the consitition to have her feeding tube reinstated in 2003.

2. Or what ever the courts did this time?

Didn't call ya a hippie pal, im calling the overall demographic a group of them. Living up to my definition, if you wish to classify yourself in that group, well thats your decision.

Gods_Peon said:
1. The senate doing an end run around the consitition to have her feeding tube reinstated in 2003.

I'm not familiar with what the senate did in 2003. What did they do? Never even heard of what you are talking about.

To be honest with you Phix I don't know if I classify myself in that group or not. You haven't explained very clearly what the group is...I do classify myself as an extreme conservative by todays standards. I am a conservative Christian who believes that it was immoral to kill Terri. I beleive as I stated before that it was another step down a slippery slope for our nation. Does that put me in the group you are referring to?

I was joking about the hippie analogy because conservative Christians and hippies are at opposite ends of the spectrum.

Maybe it's because they protested...is that why you made the anaolgy? Would Christians protesting abortion clinics fall under the same category for you? I am trying to get a read on what you mean and believe yourself.

No, I think abortion is different. That is something that is done between two human beings, something that is established by God. It is very controversial to talk about the Terri situation and keep Christian values in the subject, I just believe that it really wasnt that big of a deal as you're making it out to be. Think, in the time I type this, hundreds die in africa of AIDs, thats because we are depriving them of medicine by giving them high prices, etc.

Phix said:
Think, in the time I type this, hundreds die in africa of AIDs, thats because we are depriving them of medicine by giving them high prices, etc.

Didn't one of your posts say that Terri did this to herself? That she chose to be bolemic and because of her actions she ended up in the state she is in? Now you are saying that we are killing Africans because we charge them too much for medicine...

uumm..there is no cure for AIDs, no matter how much you charge or don't charge for medicine. People get AIDs and die period. No way around it barring a miracle.

Wow...talk about a sinful lifestyle that brings about your own death. Many of these Africans you are talking about brought this on themselves through sexual promiscuity. I do feel for the children and the few who get it through transfutions. They did not get it do to their lifestyle.

To blame America for their plight is really stretching it.

This discussion has really taken a strange turn...

I'm not familiar with what the senate did in 2003. What did they do? Never even heard of what you are talking about.

It was the Florida state legislature, what every you call it. (I'm not American, so please pardon my igorance on every last detail of your governing system.) The measure passed by something like 23 - 16 to forcable reinsert Terri's feeding tube back in late 2003. You probably could search your news websites better then I because you would actualy know what search terms to use to quickly bring it up. I simply recalling a news story I briefly caught up here in Canada in which they were discussing the history of the Schiavo case. Its been going on for a very long time in the courts and the media. It isn't a recent story, its an older and bitter fued that something that just popped up in the near past.

lol, i was just giving an example to respond to your statement, i in no way said that it was america's fault...but in a sense is it?

theres no cure for what she had either.

I dont understand this, her parents were willing to take care of her, think about it guys its their daughter, the girl that would wake them up in the middle of the night saying theres a monster in the closet. The husband didn't care about her he could have divorced.

So u're saying if I told my wife I don't want to have any tubes in me to keep me alive and something happens to me. Should my wife say well he wanted to be left to die in peace, but hey his parents want him to be alive so lets disregard his wishes.
I know there's no proof that she would want to be left to die instead of having tubes in her. But u would think your spouce would do whats best for u and comply to your wishes.
But if he is such a evil guy who just wants to get rid of his wife, y didn't he divorce her or take her off the tube 15 years ago.

Gandhi said:
But if he is such a evil guy who just wants to get rid of his wife, y didn't he divorce her or take her off the tube 15 years ago.

$700,000!

Who knows? Maybe he's a saint.

Whether he is or not, we've opened Pandora's Box a little wider. I don't want to judge Michael, it's our court system and nation in general that I am worried about.

Phix said:
Think, in the time I type this, hundreds die in africa of AIDs, thats because we are depriving them of medicine by giving them high prices, etc.

Phix said:
...i in no way said that it was america's fault...but in a sense is it?

Absolutely not!

Gods_Peon said:
I have a question, which is better:

2. Or what ever the courts did this time?

I read up a bit on the Florida legislature in 2003 (and govenor Bush he was involved too).

I can't find anywhere in the U.S. Constitution that it says it's OK to stop feeding a disabled woman (or even in a round about way implies that anything like this might be constitutional)...But, I can find where it says that congress can write and pass laws. Perhaps according to the judge who looked at the case it was unconstitutional, but I don't see that when I read the constitution. The way the constitution is being interpreted now and the way it was interpreted when written or even 50 years ago are two very different things.

I'm a bit old fashioned...OK maybe a lot old fashioned :)

Besides when the constitution or any laws written by man differ from my interpretation of the Bible then I choose the Bible.

Well, so we know have a second confirmation that this whole ordeal has been through the courts and legislature once before a little over a year ago.

Were the Schiavo's and Schindlers Christian?

Back