TF MC Night.

Moonscipher

Seeing as how most of the interest falls on thuesday and thursday I am going to put 2 runs up for those nights. Hopefully we'll get atleast 10-15 TF and then we can add a few more. I'd like to do this early in the night, let's shoot for 5:30 server time. Hopefully I can start recruiting around 5:00. Remember this is only for trash mobs, so for those who attend other MC runs you will not be locked out.

LOL! The only 2 nights of the week that I can't attend at the moment. Ahh well. Best of luck to those who go.

Last edited by a moderator:
I signed up for this Tues/Thursday this week, but next week will be different for me. I know Tuesday is out, not sure on Thursday yet.

But either way, thanks for leading this, Tone!

Last edited:
I haven't signed up yet, but you can count me in (Shuranda, too, probably). I prefer to bring my tank, but I can bring my mage if need be.

Two questions:
1. When does MC reset?
2. Are we sure that we don't become saved to an instance if we don't kill a boss?

Thanks Gnomepedia. :D

Tone, has any thought been given on what happens to the cores/mats the will drop? Is it all friendly roll, or put in the bank for whoever, or what?

That is a silly question! Of course they all go to Tinie! Tinie gets all mats and all dkp! Muhahahaha!

*cough* *sputter* *choke*

Gads, very sorry. Slight slip there. Good question there Sam of the many classes/races.

Well good question Kirk. Ideally I'd like this to be an all guild run where the cores would be randomed. If this can become a recurring event I'd like to see everyone get a core/boe before someone gets their second. I know this doesn't sound too easy but remembering our Be Nice policy will help a lot.
Now this is just what I think so I really don't want to to deter anyone from coming and I am open to all suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator:
If we need a min of 25 people to do this, we're gonna have to go to the SGA for help. That's not a big deal, but we do need to have a game plan going into this. Here are my thoughts/suggestion/mindless ponderings:

Cores and other FR mats: Only those players (not toons) that are actively raiding instances that require FR can roll on these. Once you have one, pass until all other rollers have one, then start over.

Green loot: Since we're gonna have some lvl 58/59s, it may be a good idea to need/greed these.

Blue/Purple loot: All of it goes to Tinie (Pink Ponytails of Intimidation FTW!). Or... Pass and discuss as usual. If you get one, you should pass if more drops.

Cores and other FR mats: Only those players (not toons) that are actively raiding instances that require FR can roll on these. Once you have one, pass until all other rollers have one, then start over.

If we have sga folks come, how will you know this? It is kinda like the runs where raid leaders say that you can only roll on something if you have the rep for it. There is not a good way to determine this. Unless y'all know everyone in the sga that is going on Mc/Bwl runs. If you are assigning them to players and not toons, as you stated, then you would have to know everyone and their alts too:)

Also, the lava and firey cores are used for more then just FR gear. I know of some nice weapons that take them to make.

There also may be folks that want to raid Mc, but don't have any FR gear, that the cores would help.

How the cores will be handled on a trash mob run is something to be sure and let folks know up front so they can decide if they want to help, as these are usually used to farm cores.

Also, I believe that MC has a lvl 60 requirement to enter.

Just to restate my view on cores/boe's: The cores will be randomed keeping in mind our Be Nice policy. It will be stated at the beginning of the run that people who are raiding and need fire resist should be given priority.

This does not mean you can't roll on them if you have other designs for cores, but to be fair it would be nice to get our regular raiders geared.

Take me(Moonscipher) for example. I do fall under both category's. I raid and need more FR. But I know that other people need it more so I've decided not to roll on any. Heh yeah probally the first time I've ever abided by the Be Nice policy eh.

Anyway, I'm really trying to make this sucessful. I appreciate all the feedback and help trying to iron this out. I want to get the most out of this experience for everyone. I've done my homework and I just hope I can explain it well enough for any newcomers.

Keep up the good work guys. :)

Tinie said:
Also, I believe that MC has a lvl 60 requirement to enter.

If I'm not mistaken, MC actually only has a L55 requirement, although the lowest player I've ever seen actually inside MC is L58. Most raid leaders just don't think that by L58-59 you can have run the lower instances enough to get decent gear built up. As you well know, decent gear==survival.

And I'm kinda in the same boat as Tone. I've already obtained pretty good gear. Fully raid buffed, I'm ~210 FR with ~220 +dmg... my regular gear is only ~350 damage, so I don't lose much by switching sets. Although, I've seen the need for better gear from time-to-time, and I'm still actively looking for a few specific FR pieces. I want 300 FR and 250+dmg...hehe. we all have to have goals :) But the point of this run for me is not for myself, but for the guild. I like playing with you guys and am happy to see such a big interest in end-game runs. I'm excited to see Tone stepping up to lead another guildrun.

Fortunately for the guild, my stuff can't be crafted to achieve my goal.... it can only be found as drops from bosses.... and when they drop during the veritas run, you're going to see a bid of 70+ points coming out. (I've got the 3rd highest points... only behind a druid and a warrior, so i will win the pieces I want *grin*)

But I see this endeavor as a win-win for everyone. The raiders that need cores the most will have a chance at them... and the newer players will have a chance to learn MC in a casual environment. I don't see every new 60 getting the cores they want to make uber gear in the next week or two, but I can see these runs turning into something that prepares you for some of the more intense raids, where you can start getting your gear.

Something to keep in mind - MC Trash mobs do NOT drop coin, and drop very little vendor trash. So when you come in, fully expect to walk out with a repair bill... meaning less gold in your coffer than when you started. I'm not trying to scare anyone off...but this is different than a bad Scholo run where you'll at least walk out with vendor trash to cover repairs. Endgame raiding is not for the feint of heart or the thin-in-the-wallet type folks. While it's not a requirement, I would personally ask that everyone comes prepared with health/mana pots, heavy runecloth bandies, etc. Until we see each mob-type a few times, I personally wouldn't bother with consumables such as Arcane Elixir, Elixir of the Giants, Mongoose potions, etc. They're not persistant through death and get quite costly during a learning phase.

Buffing-type folks should invest in several stacks of candles, powders, symbols, etc. We'll likely go through quite a bit of buffing reagents.

Last edited:
Back