TF2 Frustrations

shadetaker

Tribe of Judah Lead Recruiter
I had a rather lengthy post that I accidentally lost (thanks busted ctrl key and your failure to register my copy command) so instead I'll just summarize:

-This game crashes all the time for me, I can barely get into a game

-This game takes forever to load, and then crashes when I alt+tab out because I forgot to turn up my GPU fan

-This game runs like crap now, and it seems to get worse with every update

-I'm really sick of 40+ minutes dustbowl and or goldrush every single game night, and I'm tired of seeing the worn out standbys win every mapvote; let's see some of the rarer maps once in a while (though I imagine the engi update will make this better with new PL maps, when I finally get a chance to play it without crashing that is)

In any case I won't be playing for a while - after this week I'll be on a mission trip til the end of July. Hopefully when I come back and reinstall the game it'll be back to working correctly.

If anyone is familiar with solutions to these various technical difficulties please post what you know.

-I'm really sick of 40+ minutes dustbowl and or goldrush every single game night, and I'm tired of seeing the worn out standbys win every mapvote; let's see some of the rarer maps once in a while (though I imagine the engi update will make this better with new PL maps, when I finally get a chance to play it without crashing that is)

We've been running the new Engineer maps a lot and they are quite good. Unfortunately it's true the old standbys get voted for quite a bit over the other choices we have in the rotation. I want to play the lesser played maps too but go with the majority most of the time due to my responsibilities as admin :/.

My game still locks up my computer completely occasionally but for the most part works fine. What are your system specs? If it's a performance issue you may want to try some of this stuff though I haven't tried any of it myself. If it's not performance all I can think of is re-installing TF2/things and checking for updates to your drivers.

Back