Thanks Halonic

Dauntless

I just wanted to post a public Thank you to Halonic for all he has done for me while I have been a part of this guild. From the very beginning he has been so generous, offering help whenever it was needed. He even is kind enough to help out financially when it is needed. I remember 4 months ago when I first joined the guild, Halonic and Dredd let me come along and watch their 2 man UW run so I could learn the ropes. They even let me keep my drops. Through my time with SoE Halonic has helped me with various quests and missions and much more.

So Halonic, I just want to thank you for all the help you have given me and all the others in the guild. You truly help to make SoE one of the most friendly guilds in Guild Wars and your generosity and willingness to help truly reflects Christ in you. Thanks for all you've done Halonic.

*Blush*.....I appreciate the kind words. I just enjoy playing with you guys and girls. Glad I've been able to help a little bit.

The companionship in-game has been my reward from all of you.

Elysia's Thornbeard's something Bow I got from him too. And the Elswynths or whatever one too, I think.

I say we make him a plaque or something. :D

Yep, most of the elite weapons that my characters have come from Halonic. A lot of armor, material, and gold that I've gotten has been with the help of Halonic. While I set Guild Wars aside for a few months and played Battlefield 2, he got my monk half-way through the campaign and bought a lot of stuff for her and my other characters.

Yesterday, he said that he didn't think he should be an officer in the guild because he doesn't really do anything. I guess if you consider being the most experienced, knowledgable, wealthy, and generous member of the guild nothing, then sure, I would say he doesn't do anything. :p

Astrod00d is just saying all that because I bought his lunch in real life yesterday.

All five of my kids and two of my grandkids were in church with me yesterday morning which was a special time. We took up nearly a whole pew.

As we were walking into the restaurant, I leaned over to Astrod00d and told him that it was times like that when I wish I could covert some of that Guild Wars money into real money.

Again, all of you are too kind.

indeed, one of my monk's sets of armor is due to Halonic, along with one of his staves, and a rod, and... yeah.

still gotta try that 3-man Sorrow's run, tho.

Some of the weapons I use are a because of Halonic. As well as some money and great company!

Halonic said:
All five of my kids and two of my grandkids were in church with me yesterday morning which was a special time. We took up nearly a whole pew.

Wow! Congrats-that is special!

And yes, Halonic, you definitely deserve to be an officer! Hands down!

I, too, have an awesome weapon (my Willcrusher) courtesy of Halonic. But it's more than the items, like Astrod00d said. It's the willingness to help others that really counts; the items and gold/plat are just one manifestation of that.

Like I said in my blog, I love my guild. I feel like I've suddenly aquired tons of cousins (and one uncle :D).

A couple of those "cousins" are even female! Imagine that!

Let me clarify about being an officer. The things that I do in this guild are not predicated on my being an officer.

The posting on the forums, the verbal information in-game, the weapons giveaways, the helping out with Guild Wars money.......are all things that I was doing before being an officer and things that I would continue to do if I was not an officer.

Since all that has really not changed since I became an officer I sometimes feel that I'm not doing anything extra to help out like officers should do.

I don't have Andrew's patience with people or Derk's expertise or Pastori's leadership skills.

I'm just saying that I don't need the title at my age. I would rather see the "officer" title go to one of the younger guys that it would really mean something to. And I would continue to do the same things I always do whether with the title or without.

That's all..........no ulterior motives here.

Halonic said:
Let me clarify about being an officer. The things that I do in this guild are not predicated on my being an officer.

The posting on the forums, the verbal information in-game, the weapons giveaways, the helping out with Guild Wars money.......are all things that I was doing before being an officer and things that I would continue to do if I was not an officer.

Since all that has really not changed since I became an officer I sometimes feel that I'm not doing anything extra to help out like officers should do.
The fact that you were willing to do that already is what makes you a good officer, in my opinion, of course.

Halonic said:

I don't have Andrew's patience with people or Derk's expertise or Pastori's leadership skills.

I'm just saying that I don't need the title at my age. I would rather see the "officer" title go to one of the younger guys that it would really mean something to. And I would continue to do the same things I always do whether with the title or without.

That's all..........no ulterior motives here.

You dont give yourself enough credit Halonic.

1. Everytime someone need help on a mission you are there.
2. You are an excellent source to come to for questions about selling stuff/farming.
3. Always willing to give out items or cash for new brothers & sisters.
9. All of your characters have over 1 million xp, i could hardly get SP to get that much.
22. Willing to help PvP, (only if you have had a nap).

I would have to say your a pretty valuable officer.

Thanks to all of you officers and Pastori for the leadership you have shown, not to mention all of the time you guys give up!!

Back