The anti mostly_Harmless zerg build (Parabellum)

Mostly_Harmless

Tribe of Judah Unreal Tournament Chapter Co-leader
I have lost almost every game to parabellum in the past 2 days. He has come up with the ultimate anti terran fast expand build and no matter how much I change the macro or get the expansion a little later with a lot more marines, There is no hope. Zerglings are so op early : P Mauraders may take a while for the zerglings to kill, but the mauraders damage is uselss against the lings and marines die faster than you can micro them vs speedlings. You should ask him for the build. I think it would be nice if he posted the build order for all of you other bug luvers to use. I am considering opening with hellions next time, but it's almost impossible to deal with all those lingers that early then the transition to mass hydra. With his build, no terran can fast or even sometimes mid game expand. It's truly the ultimate zerg build. I'm still working on a few more possibilities on how to still fast expand and defend, but so far it dosen't seem like it can be done. I really liked it when the firebat and medic were available from bw. Terran can't deal with mass ling with any barracks unit. I think the only solution would be hellion/siege tanks, but that would take so long to make if your fast expanding.......anyway, Congrats and props to Parabellum for be an amazing zerg user. It looks like it's back to the drawing board for poor old mostly_Harmless. My Build order still works very good against terran and toss though. I have had a friend who is super good toss try to beat me with his own anti fast expand build and he just can't do it even though he knows exactly what I get and when.

So you are walling off (on the maps you can) but unable to break out of your base to deal with the mass Zerg?

So you are walling off (on the maps you can) but unable to break out of your base to deal with the mass Zerg?

That's right, but keep in mind that I heavily rely on macro to carry me through the game so every game i always need to fast expand no later than 5 min.

Yeah, i talked to Para last night. He sounded pretty excited haha. I love you guys; you're great.

He didn't tell me what the build was, but it seems he found a good timing.

Sadly, I just looked at all my "recent" reps and they already have deleted the games >.< there was only one i could pull up and I did win this one but it's the basic idea of what he does. I think he just get's more lings earlier in the game now than in this replay....Ask him to upload if he saved any.

ZERG RUSH!!! kekeke
I'm no pro, and I'd prolly die faster than you, but here are my thoughts.
From what I gather,
1-he gets lots of zerings, but can't break into your base and lays siege from outside
2-the second you step out, he instapwns you
3-he out incomes you, and GG.
4-and he obviously scouts all the bases so you can't just move command center or build a new one.
So, how about, seeing its a mass ling army, rush for planetary fort, siege tanks, and some bunkers, and let him beat against a brick wall, then crush his base with siege tanks and hellions

OR

Planetary fortress, push for air, 2 bunkers to hold off early game, banshee, GG

Once again, I'm a toss, and am no pro. But just thinking.

ZERG RUSH!!! kekeke
I'm no pro, and I'd prolly die faster than you, but here are my thoughts.
From what I gather,
1-he gets lots of zerings, but can't break into your base and lays siege from outside
2-the second you step out, he instapwns you
3-he out incomes you, and GG.
4-and he obviously scouts all the bases so you can't just move command center or build a new one.
So, how about, seeing its a mass ling army, rush for planetary fort, siege tanks, and some bunkers, and let him beat against a brick wall, then crush his base with siege tanks and hellions

OR

Planetary fortress, push for air, 2 bunkers to hold off early game, banshee, GG

Once again, I'm a toss, and am no pro. But just thinking.

rushing for a planetary fortress won't work. There's just no time. Siege tanks might work, but that would also delay my fe considerably. The one thing that you are right on is bunkers....I always hated making bunkers, but on maps where i can send one scv down that narrow ramp and station the mauraders in front and marines in back just might work! I realized he can only take me out when he can surrowned me and even if he comes in to continue to pick off my scv, he should lose 4-6 lings I would imagine so it would be worth the income. I can just fill one bunker, Make another and leap frog my way until I get a bunker touching my 2nd cc. I can keep salvaging the one behind it and if he tried to run by, i can raise supply depots to block. So instead of making 4 rax. I'll limit it to three and go on 2 gas so I'll get the upgrades quickly and also have enough money for the bunker. This idea really should work on maps (which is most of them) where the natural is close to the ramp.

I'll let you guys know how this goes. Thanks for the advice silver....and for lloren. I already thought of that, but there would be no way I can time the FE and do that. Even if I could get a banshee out, everytime I would land my cc he can still run in and kill all the scv's while the banshee fires on them.

last night I got wasted on by a Terran who went ALLIN with 3 Thors and all his SCV. I had destroyed most of his base and he just rushed with 3 Thors and 10 SCV.

They kept repairing the Thors and picking off the lings. It was an epic lose.

Ok, so i just tried a bunker push. I send two scv's out and in front of my ramp i make one supply and one bunker. It works and I won the game. He's still very hard to beat but it's all i can do for now.

Ok, so i just tried a bunker push. I send two scv's out and in front of my ramp i make one supply and one bunker. It works and I won the game. He's still very hard to beat but it's all i can do for now.

Maybe you could try moving your buildings down to make a hook so the Zerg would have to run around a longer way. I've seen it done with Protoss, not Terran, and it seems to improve cannon effectiveness.

Back