The Best Bond ever was...George Lazenby?

Who was the best James Bond?

• Sean Connery

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • George Lazenby

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Timothy Dalton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Roger Moore

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Pierce Brosnan

• It'll be Daniel Craig!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'll cast my vote for the sharks with the laser beams

• Total voters
My favorite out of all of them is Sean Connery, I haven't liked any of the Bond movies since Pierce took over the role as Bond.

I like Connery the best and just a side note it's actually Sir Sean Connery, he was Knighted a few years back...

Sean Connery did a great job and made the character his own.
BUT
his version of Bond wasn't the version in most of the books, and it was by no means definitive. I say most because the later books moved more toward what Connery portayed (they were also not as good, IMHO). OHMSS was a return to what Bond could have been (and was in most of the novels) and in that respect Lazenby was a better Bond. On the other hand, Connery's bond maintained the womanizing superman much more steadily, the choice to humanize Bond was an interesting one. Anybody who hasn't seen it and considers themselves a movie buff should at least rent it, to see a different (but also good) interpretation of Bond. A way of explaining it is that Lazenby's Bond is more mature, he's a more human character. I can't imagine he'd go back to acting like Connery, Brosman, or Moore (Dalton doesn't count as a Bond) after that movie, but it's easy to envision them maturing to become him.

Personally, I think Brosman was better then Moore, Connery was better then Brosman, and Lazenby was as good as Connery but in a different enough way that I can't pick a winner.

Last edited:
Its funny how everyone likes, Sean Connery, except me, even though I've seen all the James Bond movies.

In my favorite James Bond order:

Pierce Brosnan
Roger Moore
Timothy Dalton

I haven't seen all the Bond movies, but I don't like Connery at all. But then again, I feel that a lot of the early Bond movies were just too rediculous.

I feel out of the loop -- I haven't seen any Bond movies. =D

EDIT: Looks like I'm not the only one. Cheeseo posted just before me to note that he hasn't seen any either. Hurrah!

I've only seen the latest 2 or 3 bond movies, they all featured whoever the latest guy is (pierce?). I guess he was alright, the movies themselves were mostly pretty cheesey (I haven't seem them in a long time, but that's mostly what I remember, lol).

Back