the ending of starcraft (warning! spoiler)

Mostly_Harmless

Tribe of Judah Unreal Tournament Chapter Co-leader
I was pondering on why Jim Raynor saved kerrigan. Do you think it was becasue he still loved her or because he beleived in zeratuls prophecy that she is the one who can stop this armagedon? Any thoughts on this?

you know i was partially thinking the same thing brian... i have to admit though... i was not expecting tychus to turn. but the last frame, when he has kerrigan in his arms, with all the zerg flying, was preety epic. i can't wait fr the protoss and zerg expansions.

Personally I think love more so than anything. It was was his love for her that caused him to break from Mengsk more so than the mad man not being all Raynor had hoped for.

Love, its the best kind of story. ;)

They drew close as the battle for the confederacy escalated...Raynor quits the Sons of Korhal, he raced to the planets surface to save Kerrigan but was too late...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfhTN_Gh-0E

....I shouldn't have let her gone alone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnGXL5kFUwc&feature=related

The true intentions of the Zerg is a twist, surprising too when Zeratul read the dead overmind.
Tassadar - "Only she can free the Zerg from Slavery. And so doing, save all that is from the flame."
Zeratul - "I do not understand, Brother."
Tassadar - "Forget what you know, Zeratul. The Overmind saw a vision, the end of all things."

Last edited:
you know i was partially thinking the same thing brian... i have to admit though... i was not expecting tychus to turn. but the last frame, when he has kerrigan in his arms, with all the zerg flying, was preety epic. i can't wait fr the protoss and zerg expansions.
/bump for newly approved post

Silly people, Starcraft never had a story.

/thread

*whacks keero*
SCII's Campaign was 80% of the reason I bought the game in the first place. I am not and never will be a huge fan of the multiplayer as long as the dominant strategies always seem to involve the word 'mass'. (which also explains why I don't play Zerg...)

*whacks keero*
SCII's Campaign was 80% of the reason I bought the game in the first place. I am not and never will be a huge fan of the multiplayer as long as the dominant strategies always seem to involve the word 'mass'. (which also explains why I don't play Zerg...)

I'd rather hear "mass' than 'harass'! gosh how i hate banshee rush/harass T.T

Sorry to add more anger esku, but did you ever play command and conquer tiberian sun firestorm? The GDI's orca fighter is identical to terrans banshee. No WONDER dustin browder used to work on C&C titles. it really shows! Also in that game there was an air ship named the banshee. hmmmm...

Last edited:
So, what does breaking Kerrigan from the zerg collective achieve? Are they now free? If they are now free from the collective, does chaos now ensue? As such, can they be free? (see Lich King lore in Warcraft) Must there always be a unifying force? If yes, who or what will become the unifying force? And the logic and questions go on and on and on.

So, what does breaking Kerrigan from the zerg collective achieve? Are they now free? If they are now free from the collective, does chaos now ensue? As such, can they be free? (see Lich King lore in Warcraft) Must there always be a unifying force? If yes, who or what will become the unifying force? And the logic and questions go on and on and on.

Maybe they will find a new leader that touts 'Change'! They will all have a unified healthcare system and Overlord's will tax the zerglings to give stimulus back to the collective.

Wow, that even scared me...

Maybe they will find a new leader that touts 'Change'! They will all have a unified healthcare system and Overlord's will tax the zerglings to give stimulus back to the collective.
And one day we'll look back and say, "I remember a time when you could get two zerglings for 50 minerals, not just one."

I think reverting Kerrigan to "human" form didn't erase her memories. She also had powerful psionic abilities before her transformation; there's no cause to think that she won't possess at least the same pre-transformation levels of power in the next chapter. If that's the case, it's not unreasonable to think that she can still influence the will of the Zerg collective--while free of the external corrupting force Tassadar mentioned in the Prophecy missions. That is where I'm guessing--and hoping--the story will go in Heart of the Swarm.

Even if she is biologically 100% human, that doesn't mean her mind isn't still part Zerg.

It's worth noting that Kerrigan wasn't exactly a saint before she was transformed by the Zerg and her (justified) anger at being betrayed may very well have shaped her character as the Queen of Blades. The idea that a character's most natural and/or intense emotion at the moment of gaining tremendous power will set the trend for that person's character for the duration that they posses the power is fairly common in sci-fi or fantasy narratives (including the story of Arthas and the Lich King).

Put another way: Humans hold back any number of violent impulses in a given day because we understand there will be repercussions if we act on said impulses. If a human is suddenly freed from those repercussions, what is the likely outcome? Indulging in those impulses. Her actions as the Queen of Blades may not have been as contrary to Sarah Kerrigan's character as some might like to believe.

Kerrigan may have been a "good guy" in that she defended others from the Zerg thread prior to her transformation. That doesn't mean she was a person of good character. There are plenty of people with wicked hearts who obey the law. Some ("some" does not equal "all" or even "most") even help enforce it.

So don't assume Kerrigan's transformation will be as simple as "from demon to angel" or "Where am I? And what do you mean it's been 4 years since Tarsonis?" Such oversimplification would be lazy writing and a missed opportunity for legitimate sci-fi-style exploration of what makes humans human.

Back