The gay militia

Blah...while I probably agree with those people in principle...that is definitely the wrong way to go abaout achieving their goals.

Non-violent protest, or so it seems, or am I missing something?

Compared to blowing up abortion clinics this seems to be fairly minor stuff.

On a wholly unrelated note, does anyone else get an image of pink uniformed men frolicking and picking wild flowers at the mention of the words "Gay militia"? ;)

uhm, yes.
wink.gif

And on another totally unrelated note, that took place right here in my home town.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Eon @ April 23 2004,12:03)]On a wholly unrelated note, does anyone else get an image of pink uniformed men frolicking and picking wild flowers at the mention of the words "Gay militia"? ;)
an it's all done to the tune of 'Tiptoe through the Tulips'
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Eon @ April 23 2004,12:03)]Non-violent protest, or so it seems, or am I missing something?

Compared to blowing up abortion clinics this seems to be fairly minor stuff.
True, but while it isn't violent, it's highly antagonistic. They invaded a place of worship...bad beans.

Insulting...their chant was that ole union chant...hey hey, ho ho, right wing big0ts go home, were the gay militia we're here to stay. Something like that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]lol. nothing, nothing. lol.
Whatever.

That and people concerned with discrimination - would you call the Tienammen Square protesters cowards? ;)

I actually know quite an aggressive song to the tune of tiptoe through the tulips - but then I'm from a military family and played rugby, so that's not surprising!

Eon

If you are standing up for what you believe is right, against something you believe is wrong, then why the secrecy? If they are worried about the discrimination or persecution that might come afterwards, then I question them to what length are they willing to suffer for their position.

Although the Tienammen Square situation is different in that the Chinese government would also go after the family, we are talking Canada here, not China. So, yes, these guys are cowards, end of story.

They also sounded kind of derogatory, calling someone a "bigot" sounds more like name calling, and sterotyping than standing up for civil rights. That is stereotyping that they are all bigots. what I find ironic about this is that by calling them bigots, they were being bigots themselves. Dictionary.com defines "bigot" as "One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ." Because they were being intolerant.

Back