The Great CGA Tour 20XX

Ember

Mrs. Tek7
Hi all. This is partly for fun, but we really would do it if it ever seemed feasible.

Say Tek and I went on a vacation (oh, how we need one). And say it was a road trip, visiting various CGAers along the way. (Gotta limit it to the USA. I'm probably just dreaming, wishing we could take a vacation. But I'm gonna keep it semi-reasonable so I can at least delude myself into thinking we might, one day, actually go on one.)

So.

Should we come visit you in your city? If yes...

• WHERE are you? (You can be as specific or vague as you feel comfortable.)
  • WHY should we come visit you?
  • WHAT would we go do when we got there? (If you bring enough awesome all by yourself, that is a sufficient answer too.) ^^

Extra points if you live somewhere warm-ish in winter.

If I get enough replies, I'll make up an itinerary. Who knows, maybe someday we'll actually do it. ;)

Fairbanks, Alaska
Um, because I'm "speshul?", like a snowflake. :D
Play on the PS3, 360, Wii, Gamecube, PS2, DS, PSP, or PC, catch a movie, and do my college english for me! :D

Awesome! Unfortunately, it would take 2 days and 14 hours to get there, and that's without pit stops. Maybe I should have specified lower 48. ;_;

Can I call you snowflake?

* WHERE are you? Goshen, Ohio
* WHY should we come visit you? Because I'm awesome! Seriously!
* WHAT would we go do when we got there? King's Island/Red's Game I have a PS2 but the only multplayer game I have for it is Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3...and Tek hates Dragon Ball Z...he told me that once...it made me cry...

Where is I? Columbus OH

WHY is I special? Come on now, do I really need to answer that?

WHAT WOULD WE DO? Mon Nov 30, 2009 St Louis Blues vs. Blue Jackets
Mon Jan 18, 2010 St Louis Blues vs. Blue Jackets

Those are wintery times. Relatively speaking, it would be cold-ish to you probably. But I lived in central NY for 5 years so its not too bad to me.

* WHERE are you? Pullman, WA
* WHY should we come visit you? because im awesome and have a full house and guest apartment bedroom.
* WHAT would we go do when we got there?chill on campus, play ps3, teach you guys to longboard, if you come on a friday or sunday, epic churchness, cougar football :)

* WHERE are you? Destin/Fort Walton, Florida
* WHY should we come visit you? Because I am awesome and self delusional.
* WHAT would we go do when we got there? Um, you could stare at the beaches, stare at the ceiling in boredom (which occupies 99% of my day), watch as hurricane after hurricane plans your downfall, or we could even plot to take over the universe.

WHERE are you? Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
WHY should we come visit you? Because I don't listen to location restrictions that say I'm out of bounds. And I'm very friendly. And my fiance is a great cook.
WHAT would we go do when we got there? Well, we'd probably eat. Have a BBQ. Invite the local WoW members and CGA guys too. And then you could shop West Edmonton Mall.. without us. Probably have a big LAN party, too.

I was gonna do this last night but the unthinkable happened and my netbook's battery died... and the charger was all the way upstairs.

* WHERE are you? Marietta, GA
* WHY should we come visit you? Really?
* WHAT would we go do when we got there? What Vibro said minus hurricanes and beaches. Meeting Mr. and Mrs. "Jones" would be cool though. :)

* WHERE are you? Tulsa, OK

* WHY should we come visit you? Hmm, best friend for 19+ years, your family lives here too, and because I miss my best friend!

* WHAT would we go do when we got there? Video games, eating out, visiting family, video games, watch anime, video games, maybe some paintball.....OH YEH, maybe soem Video games!

* WHERE are you? Tulsa, OK

* WHY should we come visit you? Hmm, best friend for 19+ years, your family lives here too, and because I miss my best friend!

* WHAT would we go do when we got there? Video games, eating out, visiting family, video games, watch anime, video games, maybe some paintball.....OH YEH, maybe soem Video games!

Unfair advantage!

Where- The San Francisco Bay Area

Why- Seriously? It has nothing to do with me, except maybe my cooking? And maybe the fact I live in a home built in 1874. But it is really about the sheer number of things to do here.

What- The list- Beach, Mountians, HUGE trees, surf, bike, run, see SF, see Lake Tahoe, drive to Yosemite, visit Treebranch (not sure why). Just ask Elihu and Mrs. Elihu about the experience. Mrs. Tek will notice no references to video games....

I failed to mention that the Los Gatos/ToJ group is by far the most visited hot spot as we have hosted well over a dozen peeps in three years and we have about a dozen that live here.

Last edited:
No doubt. All we have up here to entice TEK in the winter is this. The amazing landscape of the Canadian Rockies in the winter just doesn't hold a candle to family that you can visit over the weekend.

ROFL
Been there, and it is really beautiful.

Gosh, we need more people in landlocked states. It's hard to city-hop from California to Oklahoma to Ohio to Florida.

Last edited:
Been there, and it is really beautiful.

Gosh, we need more people in landlocked states. It's hard to city-hop from California to Oklahoma to Ohio to Florida.

Obviously you need to tell tek he just needs to develop his teleporting abilities. Of course then he would be nearly unstoppable. Can you imagine a godzilla eating t-shirt ninja.

Back