The Great Redeemed Gnome Run!

Engris

I'd like to hold a Gnome Run event someday in the next week or so, and I need to know how many will show up and stuff like that...Here's how it goes:
-Players will create brand new Level 1 Gnomes of any class on Stonemaul.
-Those Level 1 Gnomes will then /whisper a certain person (TBD) who will invite them to a raid group.
-Once everyone who wants to participate is a Level 1 Gnome in that raid group, the raid leader will use the guild summon ability to get them out of their Gnomeregan starting area, and to the Starting Line (Location TBD)
-The race will begin! The goal is to take your noob gnome aaaaall the way to Orgrimmar and be the first person to walk up to Garrosh Hellscream, Warchief of the Horde, and /kiss him. The winner will recieve a nice gold prize, and runners up may also get prizes! (Prizes TBD)

Rules:
-Boats are allowed...obviously you cant swim from Eastern Kingdoms to Kalimdor...
-Flight Paths however, are not allowed.
-Leaving the raid group and getting a summon from another player is not allowed.
- /kissing Garrosh from a distance instead of being next to him is not allowed...do not try to cheat
-Making a macro so you can instantly /kiss with the click of a button IS ALLOWED. Its pretty tough to manually type /kiss before you die when you are in Orgrimmar...quickly clicking is alot easier.

So right now I am looking for 2 things:
1- People who want to be a gnome and take part in this epic journey! and
2- A willing person who will be the referee for this. Their job will be to summon the noob gnomes out of their starting area, and then, to get on to a horde character and stand next to Garrosh to see which gnome is the real winner. Again, the winner must be NEXT TO GARROSH and must be the first to have "*Name* kisses Garrosh Hellscream" to show up in chat by /kissing him first. This referee person will also get a prize for helping out (although it wont be as great as the Winner's Prize)

I do not think that we will have the Level 1 Gnomes entered into the guild. I'm not sure if the officers want that many level 1's to spam for guild invites all at once. We will likely use vent though.

Once I determine the date and time, it will be posted on the in-game calender. For now, I'd just like to get a rough estimate of how many people would be interested in this. Please post here or /whisper me in-game. Until then, take time to plan your route to victory!

Let the epic gnome journey begin!

Last edited:
Tested this this morning, and Brootis is correct. Level 1s cannot be in a raid group. So, what we will do instead is after we all make Level 1 Gnomes, we will run out of the Gnomeregan starting area and meet up at the designated start point. Yes, I have found away to escape the starting area without doing any of the quests. Then, instead of having one large raid group, we will have as many 5-man parties as we need. This will still work :D

Sounds fun, but the goal seems a tad extreme lol. Running a gnome to GARROSH sounds like an all day event at the least hehe.

I don't have any open character slots to participate in the run, but if it's sometimes Sunday night or later, I will be glad to log on to my Orc Warrior and watch the goal.

It in fact does not take all day. I did this with a friend once except we ran to Thunder Bluff. Actually I think I did that on my very first day of my account. This was before Cataclysm, and there were actually people in Thunder Bluff lol...I believe it only took 30-40 minutes. But if we get 20+ people to do this, can you imagine what the horde will be thinking when a mob of level 1 gnomes come running in lol?

Sounds fun, but the goal seems a tad extreme lol. Running a gnome to GARROSH sounds like an all day event at the least hehe.

I feel like the term "Gnome Run" is a bit of an oxymoron. But I can understand why we haven't named this event "The Great Gnome Half-Waddle".

I feel like the term "Gnome Run" is a bit of an oxymoron. But I can understand why we haven't named this event "The Great Gnome Half-Waddle".

Shagz it's obvious that your jealousy of gnomes manifests itself in cruel observations of our physical appearance.

Lol....anyways..regarding mounts, you cannot receive an increase in speed from other players in any way, this includes multi-person mounts, the paladin aura, the hunter Aspect of the Pack, and other such things.

Back