The Most Powerful Weapon In The World

Arkanjel

This is quite and interesting read. The website Strategic Communication Laboratories sure defines the future of our reality.

Here are a few quotes from the website.

In a world where the perception is the reality, all countries need to have the capability to manage their own perceptual alignment – otherwise someone else will.

As the world moves further away from the 20th century concept of the Cold War, it becomes increasingly clear that the very nature of warfare itself has changed. The old style conflicts were about overpowering the enemy and winning ground. The new wars are about ideas, belief systems and ideologies. The battle is no longer about winning territory; it is about winning minds.

However, at the end of the day it is the public that must be convinced to adopt ‘the prescribed solutions.”
I particularly like the quotes around the "prescribed solutions"

For some countries, tourism is a vital industry and a major shift in tourist attitudes could be disastrous– and vice versa. With the ever-present risk of a terrorist attack, it is important that the governments has carefully prepared contingency plans so that any incident can be mitigated with the least impact on the tourism industry.
I think that Aruba could have used some help from these folks.

We live in a world of communication, where perception is very often the reality. Those individuals that control the perceptions are the ones that control virtually everything.
See my signature box for something quite similar.

An Opcentre puts influence, control and power back into the hands of the government and military, giving them greater power to influence the enemy in time of conflict and enhanced access to their citizens during a crisis. For instance, an Opcentre can be designed to override all national radio and TV broadcasts, allowing the government and military to communicate with the public as the need arises.

What can the OpCentre do?
Develop national resilience and behavioural compliance for homeland security issues

Basically this company gives you the tools to make people think what you want them to think. Yeah I would have to agree that does make it the most powerful weapon in the world, hands down. Really makes all those sci-fi, dictator style, James Bond-ish, Dr. Evil like, ideas a reality. Now the question is, is it already being used?

great site. If someone monopolizes on international press, it would be the most powerful weapon. The organization poses as those in favor of halting wars, but I think its meant more as another interface for manipulation than for communication integrity.

Nothing new under the sun:
In the second half of the 5th century B.C., and especially at Athens, "sophist" came to be applied to an unorganized group of thinkers who employed debate and rhetoric to teach and disseminate their ideas and offered to teach these skills to others. Due to the importance of such skills in the litigious social life of Athens, practitioners of such skills often commanded very high fees. The practice of taking fees, coupled with the willingness of many practitioners to use their rhetorical skills to pursue unjust lawsuits, eventually led to a decline in respect for practitioners of this form of teaching and the ideas and writings associated with it.

Yeah that about describes them Tek. I also found this interesting when reading the Wiki entry.

Eventually, the school was accused of immorality by the state.

I take it they are talking about the Sophists here, and now to think they are being employed by the "State" to bend the public to the "Will" of said "State".

Back