The new and improved Shadowbill

It's a an older MMO (came out in 2001 or 2002...). Many people who have played it, myself included, believe it has the best PVP/RVR of any game they have ever played.

Three sides going against one another (3 sides automatically level the playing field, if one side gets too powerful, the other two will gang up on them) fighting for relics that give that realm certain power over the other realms.

If you were to play it after playing WoW, I doubt you could bear it. The movement of the character isn't fluid at all and the standard UI is understandably ancient (though you can mod it). When I quit wow, I tried to go back to DAoC. It was terrible. BUT if you can get over the movement differences and if you can figure out how to mod the UI, then you can experience its unrivaled PVP insaneness. Not even Warhammer (DAoC's "successor") could match the awesomeness of DAoC's PVP/RVR.

Edit: here are some pics from early DAoC..

Edit again: I was looking through more of the pics Nsaney (the last pic in my post) and found that he had a /played time.... 781 days. CRAZINESS!!! But at least he was RR11L7 (it's like being covered in all high level epics and having a 'Legendary Grandmaster Commander King of the Universe and Better than You' title above their head). 781 days... thats 2.13 years of played time in game... wow.

zerg.jpg

emain2.jpg

daoc10.jpg

Last edited:
lol sounds interesting and i might struggle with out of date stuff but i wouldnt mind giving it a try some time.

Is it free to play like guild wars?

No, I think its still $15 to play, just like Wow... :(

If it was free to play then I'd be back on my friar like a fat kid on cake!

Wow, those are old screenies... that was before they redid the frontiers... It's allot better now looking now... You are right about the UI, but if you get Bob's UI it is extremly easy to mod... even more so than WoW.

The only thing that I have issues with is the heavy need of /commands

NWN is one of the best RPG's of all time. Easily. I wish there was an MMO in the D&D Forgotten Realms universe. I would play it in a heartbeat. And yes, I am a pen and paper nerd.

(doh! I was logged in on Ashley's account and posted this message where hers was.. lol)

You can really fly! There are some zones that are flying zones, and you can glide anywhere. When you fly you can go up or down or anywhere for as long as you have flight time (which increases as you level more, but starts off at 1 minute). Then you can glide in any zone and catch "up drafts" that will take you further as long as you have flight time remaining. But yeah, you can definitely fly and also fight while flying. It's awesome!

Because thats exactly how flying works in RL...man birds are annoying when they run out of flight time. ;)

Back