The Nicholas Economy

Brydon

Legacy of Elijah Officer
Hey guys, I'm curious to hear what are you guys doing about Nick this week?

Is it worth it to trade in Sup Charr Carvings? Or are they more important to keep for the ninja Mask (or trade with people who are)?

(I'm going to go ahead and say, "It depends on what you like" for all of you that were going to say it. No duh. What do YOU like?)

Also, are there any good deals that you guys have found on seemingly worthless badges and hides and whatnot that trade up to something cool? What do you keep? What do you merch? Discuss.

Unless you want a Ninja Mask I would trade the Charr Carvings to players after getting your own presents. Ninja Mask doesn't go into HoM and you can use the extra money to get a weapon or armor. At least, that's what I would do.

I keep lots of items, cuz Traveler needs stuff.. I am a pack-rat but stuff for masks, gloves, etc.. I usually sell.

Also saving for Canthan New Year items for alliance to sponsor a district.

I usually don't get too in to the traveler, I've never visited him even once. However, I do have a horde of items in my xunlai box that can be used to get weapons of various types for my heros. I should probably stop because I'm always out of room, but hey, maybe one day nick will want putrid cysts and I can sell em to players.

*shrug*

Another pack rat here, but the Charr carvings have me stumped, I could make lots of gold from my stash, but I don't know about the mask later. Everything else I keep or maybe salvage. Salvage is a way to bring in a steady trickle of money. Remember a lot of common materials can be crafted into rare items that can even be sold at a profit to rare material traders. I won't spend time in LA or Spamadan trying to sell materials, but I do watch the material trader prices. Even cloth was 110 for a few days not too long ago. But interesting or unusual items, like Celestial Essences I keep for the occasional weapon.

great weapons for putrid cysts

That's what I'm saying! And for a while there when I was going through factions with my Rit I got like 50 or 60 of them. They were dropping like mad!

MAD I SAY!

I went through a salvage everything phase after blowing a lot of money on elite armor and runes/insignias for my dervish (that I don't play....) but after going through EoTN and WIK I'm back where I was. I usually hover around 100k in my bank which is good enough for me to feel comfortable enough to buy something if I really want it, grab skills I want and upgrades for builds I want to try running, etc.

I say though, unless you really want the mask later on, sell the carvings. I mean, afterall, with all the money you make on the carvings I bet you can go back to buying them off players later when the price tanks if you do decide you want a mask (or, as I feel should always be the case) maybe the guild/alliance can help you get them for your mask (as in go through charr zones and give you all the drops, need over greed style).

With this type of thing where I already had collected the item, I just compare how much they go for per when nick wants them vs the normal sell price and just do simple math. If I can make more $ cashing some in quickly, then I'll go ahead and do it. Especially when the item is easily farmed.

As far as keeping things, I basically hold onto items that I can trade in at various festivals and such: decayed orr emblems, singed gargoyle skulls, etc.

I always end up turning it in for consumable title tracks, or in the case of canthan new year, anything that gets me another chance at the year's celestial mini.

Back when I first started playing, the guild leader would save them up for candycanes for dp removal (we died a lot back then) and hand out bunches to various guild members.

Last edited:
Ursen, you can make a profit crafting rare materials and sell them back to the rare material traders? Are you accounting for the cost/value of the materials you use?

Most definitely, Elonian leather squares are the best example. Just keep tabs on the price flucuations. Keep in mind that not all rare materials fit in this category, after a while you learn which ones do the best. I average about 5k-8K a month doing this. Not a lot but every little bit helps. And if Nicky asks for a rare item it is easy to do.

With this type of thing where I already had collected the item, I just compare how much they go for per when nick wants them vs the normal sell price and just do simple math. If I can make more $ cashing some in quickly, then I'll go ahead and do it. Especially when the item is easily farmed.

This. Normal price is 100g. If you can sell sup charr carvings for more than that, it's profit. Buy back @ 100g next week, or whenever.

Back