The story of the traveling Stc

Stc95

Tribe of Judah Guild Wars Chapter Leader
As some of you may know, I am currently studying abroad in Oxford, England for the Fall semester. I will be in England until December and studying History (The Age of Jefferson, British Landscaping and History, and the Soviet Union) while I'm here. I am quickly realizing that my time for GW2 has gone from 24/7 to nearly nil.

As you can see, I'm still able to frequent the forums and I sneak on from time to time to check in and say hi, spend influence, and I am working in the background to get more LoE officers. As far as actually playing the game, I think I've done 2 events and 1 heart quest since I've been here. So, I just wanted to let you know that I am here, but in lurker mode (zerg!). If you need anything or have a problem, you can still PM me and I'll try and get back to you as fast as possible. If there is an emergency, Abba is second in command and the officers are more than capable to handle anything that may come up.

For those that are excited and asking for pictures, I just uploaded an album on Facebook (Aleron, I'm talking to you!). I'll also try and update this thread a bit if something exciting happens. I will appreciate any prayers you may send my way as well :)

Greetings from England!!
-Stc

Be safe brother Stc! I pray the Lord will watch over you and bless what you are doing
Thanks for everything you are doing and have done!

Build a life time of memories while you are at it, that's the way to go. May interesting things be opened up to you.

The pictures you posted on Facebook looked like background shots from an episode of Lewis.

Hope you have a fantastic time and get some great learning and experiences from it. Such an amazing blessing. Will keep you in my prayers.

A few nights ago, I had some people interested in my travels and pictures especially. So I'll give a quick run down.

It's been over a month since I left the USA and got to England. I have since spent that running around seeing everything I could while I'm here.

I've been to Veralamium, or Saint Alban's, which is a remarkably well-preserved Roman town adjacent to the medieval town of St. Alban's. We went to London and walked around, seeing the Tower of London, walked across the Millennium [Falcon] Bridge, the Globe, Trafalgar Square, etc. Another field trip was walking around the city of Oxford, taking in the local history (as well as a "ghost tour" which told some of the more.. legendary stories). Just a couple weeks ago we went to Hampton's Court Palace, home of Henry VIII, and we've also been to the London Imperial War Museum.

During these past four weeks I've also gotten a brief history of Britannia from Simon Schama in his widely popular series, A History of Britain. He has become something of an idol to my peers, it's quite funny. (Quite actually means the opposite to what most American's mean. I'm using the American version here) I've also written three six-page papers since I've been here. One on the Roman views of Britannia, one on the Battle of Trafalgar and Lord Horatio Nelson, and the final one on WWI Memorials.

Right now we are between "pre-term" and "term." Since we are visiting students, the education is different. Oxford uses a 6(?) week Term system, while most of America uses the semester system. So the program I'm going through (Scholarship & Christianity in Oxford [SCIO]) has to create a "pre-term" term so that we get adequate credits for our home universities. Pre-term is over with, which gives us a nice 5 day weekend before orientation for "real" term begins. In that time I joined a trip to Wales.

I go home to Oxford tomorrow, but while we've been here we will have walked to the top of the two highest peaks in southern Britain and visited a total of 3 castles and 1 abbey. This is all on top of living in a 15th Century manor as well.

If you're a friend of mine on Facebook, here is a link to my photo albums. You can take a look through my trips in the UK.. and the rest of my life if you feel up for it. If you're not a friend of mine on Facebook.. shame on you! But I'll also figure out a way for you to get to my photos. Does anyone know of a website I can put photos on for my non-Facebook friends?

Enjoy :)

Amazing. I wish I could have done something like that.. I would still love too, just have to have the family tag along, and no way if would be for that long.. :)

Also, I am not your "friend" on Facebook, but I can see your all but your profile pics.. :)

Also, I am not your "friend" on Facebook, but I can see your all but your profile pics.. :)

Oh awesome!! Sorta.. I had thought I had my privacy settings maxed out.. I guess I'll go ahead and fix them in a week or two :p

Back