There are not enough hours in the day

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
I know I haven't been around much lately. I still check the forums, I still post (though not as often as I'd like), and I still participate in at least one Tribe of Judah game night regularly (yay TF2sday!). But I confess I've haven't kept up with my duties as CGA President and ToJ President.

I just wanted to post and say that I still want to play more games, chat more, and otherwise spend more time with you all.

But I work a full-time job Monday through Friday. My wife works around the same number of hours but Tuesday through Saturday. And, of course, my daughter is the cutest little girl in the world and keeps me busy, too.

I've also been playing through Dungeon Siege 3 with my wife when I'm not playing with ToJ and CGA folks. (Side note: The camera in DS3 is flawed, but aside from that, it's a blast to play local co-op.)

When I founded Tribe of Judah in May 1999, I was a single dude, living at home with my parents, unemployed, and not yet attending college. In the almost 15 years since, I've held different jobs, earned my Associates degree, moved out of my parents' house, got engaged, went back to college, got married, earned my Bachelors degree, traveled with my wife during her graduate externships, moved into my wife's parents' house, moved into an apartment, moved into a house, had a child, spent the first 9 months of my daughter's life as a stay-at-home dad, and went back to working full time.

Life is very, very different today than it was in 1999 and, though I suffered along the way, I am blessed to be where I am today.

Nevertheless, I still find myself missing the days when the Tribe of Judah Counter-Strike server was hoppin' every night of the week (even if I didn't care for CS 1.6 myself, it was great to play with other ToJ members), when I could always round up a few folks on Battle.net for a game of Brood War, and when I could spend several hours at a time managing the communities I lead and drafting goals for the coming months and years. There are more opportunities than ever to play with ToJ members, but there are only so many hours in the day and parenthood is demanding. Wonderful, but demanding.

Now don't misunderstand. God willing, I'm not leaving!

I don't feel led or pressured to step down today or any time soon, but I know someday I'll retire and hand the reins over to someone else. I don't think that day will some any time soon, but I know that if the CGA and ToJ continue on, I'll have to pass the torch some day. When the times comes, I plan on still being involved in these communities, just without the rank, title, and responsibilities.

I just wanted to take a few minutes to say that I love the people in this community and have been greatly encouraged by what I've seen on our forums lately. I know I wrestled with frustration that my own plans for the CGA and ToJ weren't progressing as quickly as I'd like, but it's really rewarding to be part of a community that can discuss important, difficult questions and build each other up instead of tear each other down. Such a community is rare on the Internet and I believe we'll all agree that the credit goes to God, who is working in us to shape us to be more like Christ each day, rather than to ourselves.

The last 14 and a half years may not have been what I expected, but they mean more to me than words can express. I don't mean to view the past through rose-colored lenses; I've had my share of challenges, frustrations, and setbacks, but it's all been well worth it.

So to everyone who helps make this community great: Thank you. Thank you for building each other up. Thank you for allowing me to serve. And praise be to God for sustaining our community. May we continue to glorify Him for as long as He allows!

Last edited:
I don't do hugs, but if I did you'd get one. So for now hearty, crushing, manly handshake.

ZOMC NEW COOP TO BUY FOR ME AND MY WIFE!!!! didt know DS3 had local coop

I just wanted to thank you for what you've done over the years. And real men hug (that's aimed at you ursen) so *HUG* ;)

I may be new here, but I too am thankful that you have fostered a community where we can open this aspect of our lives up to God among friends.

Thank you for all the <3, everyone! :D

And yes, Atown, DS3 is a great co-op game if you can get past the camera. Protip: Don't try to tackle Palefang until level 10 or so.

Back