This game is pretty fun...

GotGoose?

Tanks

It's a pretty cool tank game with nukes, air strikes, and teleportation.
This is something to do when you get bored.... like me right now.
So, what are you waiting for, go play.
biggrin.gif

Reminds me of Worms, which reminds me of Scorched Earth, which reminds of Artillary Duel, which....no wait, I think that's as far back as it goes.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shagz @ May 19 2004,2:52)][...] which reminds me of Scorched Earth [...]
Scorched Earth is awesome. Elihu and I used to take turns playing SE on his PC Back In The Day™, circa 1996. There are several old games I wish they'd "re-do" for Internet multiplayer gameplay and Scorched Earth is near the top of that list.

"Back in the Day" has an official year value?
smile.gif
If it did, I thought it was more like 1981, not '96. You know, hip hop. Hmmm...does "old school" have a different year value?
smile.gif

re: Scorched Earth....I believe Gunbound is a close approximation of Scorched Earth destructive mayhem but with Worms-like manga-inspired characters, weapons, etc. It's all on-line (I think maybe massively so? I'm not sure) and thought I've never played it, I hear it's insanely popular with the kids these days.

If you're looking for some old-school flavour, you should go hang out at House of the Underdog, an Abandonware/Freeware game site that has some *really* amazing, free, hobbist-produced game for download (when looking for a game though, check to see if it has an official site; HOTU has *serious* bandwidth problems, especially late at night, which is costing them a fortune).

If you're into old-school shumups (Space shoot 'em ups), then check out ABA Games for Parasec47 (traditional shumup with randomly generated waves of fighters and bosses, different every time and a good challenge), Tumiki Fighters (armour your ship with the refuse of your destroyed foes), rRootage (random end-boss generating shumup) and A7Xpg (there's a game like this that's been made, but I don't know what it is). There are plenty of free shumups on HOTU as well, but a lot of them are in Japanese so you're on your own to figure out how to play.

If you liked Loadrunner (or it's C64 cousin, Jumpman), check out the Flash-coded (and Canadian produced!) N, it will keep you entertained for hours with 100+ levels (and growing).

Happy gaming!

I used to play this OOOOLd shcool game on a mac ( a mates) it was soooo addicted, but i never can remember the name. i have looked on a couple of sites but no joy.

I'll look there and see how it goes. never know.

sealcomm

You might also want to try Moby Games. It's a directory (user maintained, I think) of every retro and new game out there, for every system, from every country, since the dawn of video games.

It's pretty impressive and comprehensive. If you can't find the game you're looking for in there, I'd be surprised.

I remember looking for this old Amiga game, Eye or Mark of the Beast, I can't remember now. I remember when I played the game in 1991 I thought it had the most amazing graphics. I look at the screenshots on the site and some how they don't live up to what I thought the game was like.
smile.gif

Gunbound is exactly like scorched earth except... it's horrifying to look at. And the people that play it are all 12 year old koreans that speak pseudo-english... and it's too often that you get in a game that takes 10x longer than it should because people timeout or lag... It's just a poor substitute for scorched earth. But you can get a clone that works in IRC!

What about Scorched 3d? It's a pretty faithful remake of the original Scorched, but ... it's in 3D! Plus it has hot-seat play, adds multiplay over LAN, looks absolutely gorgeous, and free!
Oh, and you can select from heaps of different 'Tanks', from Patriot launchers to AT-STs. Plus script to create your own weapons.

Seriously, just don't download it if you've got work to do. :(

Back