This is Awesome!

aka Ash

ATT111.jpg

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:

Jesus Christ and the American G.I.

One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Thank them both!

sigh...

While I support our troops wholeheartedly, I really dislike seeing a connect between being christian and american. I always shudder when I see images like this.

Dauntless said:
I always shudder when I see images like this.
Want to see record numbers in Churches, make a disaster like a hurricane, earthquake, or terrorist attack; the people will flock. Americans have come to be a country of action, not of meaning or thought. Name the last time you heard what a person did that was good in the news, that was not a charity donation by someone who has too much money and is trying to avoid taxes. Todays economy thrives on emotions, primarily hatred. Its not what you can do for others, its who can you point your finger at to keep people from looking at you.

People are becoming more and more impersonal. I may own a cell phone, I may have a IM account; but i hate using those as I like to read the persons body language. I can carry on a conversation at work that lasts so long that people get uncomfortable. Communication is deteriorating people...

Dauntless said:
sigh...

While I support our troops wholeheartedly, I really dislike seeing a connect between being christian and american. I always shudder when I see images like this.
Well, I have to be in favor of a land where I can freely worship in whatever way I choose, as long as I don't infringe on the rights of others. But I think we need to remember: America is great because it supports our God-given rights. It's not the other way around. That's the single greatest thing about this country!

Reminds me of the Girl Scout promise: "On my honor, I will try to serve God and my country, to help people at all times..."
Note that God comes first; they got that right!

MaidMirawyn said:
Well, I have to be in favor of a land where I can freely worship in whatever way I choose, as long as I don't infringe on the rights of others.
i do to, but its the America thats infinging the rights of us belivers in way i dont want to explain.

MaidMirawyn said:
Reminds me of the Girl Scout promise: "On my honor, I will try to serve God and my country, to help people at all times..."
Note that God comes first; they got that right!
Yes, Yes they did, but how many Girl Scouts live up to that honor??

MaidMirawyn said:
Well, I have to be in favor of a land where I can freely worship in whatever way I choose, as long as I don't infringe on the rights of others. But I think we need to remember: America is great because it supports our God-given rights. It's not the other way around. That's the single greatest thing about this country!

That is true but in my experience I have seen so many christians become so patriotic that it is borderline idol worship. And that just disturbs me. This is one of the reasons Messiah College does not display an American flag except for two places, one in the gym to go along with ncaa regulation and the other in our student union to go along with all the other flags from around the world.

God bless the World.

I don't know if I took this as patriotic as much as I took it to mean just what it says.

Pray for the men and women in the service. Our Military Service is Volunteer. These men and women have decided to risk their lives to help ensure our freedoms. They are who I pray for, not necessarily the country, which seems more corrupt every passing day. But that is my opinion. I still do love America do not get me wrong. I just think our braave men and women need prayer, from an ex-army airborne soldier (me :))

aka Ash said:
I just think our brave men and women need prayer, from an ex-army airborne soldier (me :))

really, what platoon were you in? did you do anything, out of the ordinary?

I actually served in peacetime. I am old (not like Vietnam era Old though)...LOL.

Actually I got my discharge just before the First Gulf War. (honorable btw.lol).

I was stationed at Fort Polk...lucky me:rolleyes:

Not in an airborne unit. But I call myself Airborne because I went through Jump Shool and earned my wings. Believe me...you earn them. It is not an easy school.

So I am Airborne, and proud of it. I actually began trying to find God at that point in my life :) It took me many years of searching before I found him. Funny thing is He was there all the time, I was just looking in the wrong places.

Back