This kid was asking for it.

Master~Plan said:
heh, if all I get is crumpled paper thrown at me and told to sit on the floor for Jesus, then I will count myself lucky. Before I get stoned by the fierce barage of paperballs, and spitwads, I'll nobly raise my fist in the air and quote the wise words of Paul "To live is Christ and to die is gain!" as I meet my papery demise.

All joking aside, don't you think if the student said something like "I really need a desk to finish my final Mr. ___" that he would not have been given a desk? There are other people in the world with real legitimate problems. I would like to introduce the kid to a lady in Mexico who is trying to raise 3 kids alone in a 2 room house smaller than my nieghbors garden shed and a dirt floor. Only in America will you find a paper wad martyr...

:D

I laughed out loud at this one. Bravo!

Kidan said:
That depends entirely upon how much you view yourself against others. My sense of self-worth is totally independent upon what others say to/about me, for I know that I am a child of God. And a lot of that was learning how to deal with name calling from peers and siblings.

Yes, words can be hateful and harmful things, but ultimately they are just words, what they mean to you, how much 'weight' they have on you, is ultimately up to you.
you're right, but how many teenagers have a lot of self worth? Not many, I bet. Teens are going through a lot of changes in their life, and it's a very vulnerable state. You can control your emotions to an extent, but not always.

Last edited:
Jango said:
you're right, but how many teenagers have a lot of self worth? Not many, I bet. Teens are going through a lot of changes in their life, and it's a very vulnerable state. You can control your emotions to an extent, but not always.

And this lack of self-worth is just getting less and less as more and more emotionalism, and esteem-based schooling is introduced in schools. As more and more of these programs are introduced, as the concepts of bullying and violence is stamped out, these kids are growing thinner and thinner 'skins'. They can take neither a punch nor a verbal jab.

Especially among boys, who are more and more often treated as unruly girls in the public school system.

Ultimately, the entire thing is an issue of the victim culture that has sprung up in the past few decades. "Nothing is my fault. Everything that goes wrong is someone else's problem. You can't talk to me that way because it might hurt my oh-so fragile self-esteem."

It makes me wonder just how many of these kids I could reduce to tears using the verbal mockery, derision and banter produced by me and my siblings, which the three of us considered jolly fun.

Kidan said:
And this lack of self-worth is just getting less and less as more and more emotionalism, and esteem-based schooling is introduced in schools. As more and more of these programs are introduced, as the concepts of bullying and violence is stamped out, these kids are growing thinner and thinner 'skins'. They can take neither a punch nor a verbal jab.

Especially among boys, who are more and more often treated as unruly girls in the public school system.

Ultimately, the entire thing is an issue of the victim culture that has sprung up in the past few decades. "Nothing is my fault. Everything that goes wrong is someone else's problem. You can't talk to me that way because it might hurt my oh-so fragile self-esteem."

It makes me wonder just how many of these kids I could reduce to tears using the verbal mockery, derision and banter produced by me and my siblings, which the three of us considered jolly fun.
i don't think schools can change anything. just about every teenager wants t obe accepted, and if you're not it hurts. it has nothing to do with society.

I saw on the news this morning that John Elway heard about this and sent the boy a custom made leather chair! It looked pretty nice actually.

Jango said:

I'm in a teen youth group and everyone has a lot of self esteem/worth, maybe because we're Christian or soemthing

ChickenSoup said:
I'm in a teen youth group and everyone has a lot of self esteem/worth, maybe because we're Christian or soemthing
i'm a christian. you have to realize that it is so easy to fake confidence. I've heard that I seem like a confident person in real life, but on the inside i'm not.
besides, even if you are "confident", why should those words be said anyway?

Quite agree. And all Elway did was support it (if he did send any sort of gift to him). At what point does one accept responsibility for one's actions?

Gen

Quite agree. And all Elway did was support it (if he did send any sort of gift to him). At what point does one accept responsibility for one's actions?
What responcibility was there to accept? o_O

Back