Thursday - August 29, 2013

Part Time Player

Psalms 139:14
I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; wonderful are Your works, and my soul knows it very well.
NASB

I know I've been guilty of focusing on what I don't have rather then reflecting on everything the God has blessed me with. I lost my job a couple years ago and luckily found something that was pretty close to home, but not really close to the money I was making. As most of us know you have a certain pay rate and that allows you to have certain luxuries in life. So I'm constantly looking at things that I had to "sacrifice" in order to pay our bills, and sometimes I still don't know how I'm going to make all the payments that month. Yet for the past 11 months I've had this job I have never missed a bill, some how God always puts something in my life that gets my family the few extra dollars we need. I never forget to praise Him when money comes in unexpectedly, but sometimes living out our everyday lives and not being able to do certain things I lose sight of that.

Striving to make a point every day to thank God for something He has done for me.

Just to prove my point. We had a very limited grocery budget this week. My wife was over to my parents today and my dad was helping a friend of his clean out a house of a lady who up and left her apartment. (My dad's friend was the landlord) She left the cupboards full and the place fully furnished. My dad (not a Christian) on a whim decided to pack up the canned goods and bring them to us. We just got the delivery about 20 minutes ago.

Just another time God provides the needs of my family beyond what I could financially afford. :D

Funny how God uses non-Christians to do His work. Praise God and thanks for the verse.

Back