Time magazine leaks Nintendo news

MeridianFlight

The latest issue of Time hit newstands today and it has some news concerning Nintendo's Wii that hasn't been announced yet, including swordplay for The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess!!!

Here's the Gamespot article.

I see big business in nintendo replacing controllers because folks have stretched out the cord between the primary and secondary...

This article is quite interesting a lot of cool sounding game mechanics, I want to see it in action though, see how accurate and fast it is. I imagine tomorrow at Nintendo's E3 presentation a lot will be revealed. Here is the article from time itself with a lot of favorable reporting.

It's a remarkable experience. Instead of passively playing the games, with the new controller you physically perform them. You act them out. It's almost like theater: the fourth wall between game and player dissolves. The sense of immersion--the illusion that you, personally, are projected into the game world--is powerful. And there's an instant party atmosphere in the room. One advantage of the new controller is that it not only is fun, it looks fun. When you play with an old-style controller, you look like a loser, a blank-eyed joystick fondler. But when you're jumping around and shaking your hulamaker, everybody's having a good time.

we play scenes from the upcoming Legend of Zelda title, Twilight Princess, a moody, dark (by Nintendo's Disneyesque standards) fantasy adventure. Now I'm Errol Flynn, sword fighting with the controller, then aiming a bow and arrow, then using it as a fishing rod, reeling in a stubborn virtual fish.

The third game, and probably the most fun, is also the simplest: tennis. The controller becomes a racket, and I'm smacking forehands and stroking backhands. The sensors are fine enough that you can scoop under the ball to lob it, or slice it for spin. At the end, I don't so much put the controller down as have it pried from my hands.

Last edited:
Whon said:
Couldn't you have found all that information by the videos already out for the rev.... now wii????

You Tube Video for Rev.

That was just a concept video constructed for the Tokyo Game Show to show the possibilities of the Revolution controller. It's not like they're actually playing Revolution games in that video.

no but just about everything in that article is in the video....

Back