Tired of being ugly?

RyanB

Legacy of Elijah Guild Leader
Help is on the way! It looks like make-over kits are coming. New items have been added to the internal GW dat file.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/news/824-new-items-coming-soon/

Items:
Permanent Bank Access Contract
Permanent Black Lion Merchant Contract
Permanent Trading Post Pick Up Contract
Self-Style Hair Kit
Total Makeover Kit
Random Makeover Potion
Random Hair Tonic
((Name Change Contract.))

I place a very high probability rating that we will see these items manifest for the Halloween celebration, and they all look to be gem items. If you want these, and want to pay gold for gems, buy gems now. Even though prices are unknown, you should be able to guess pretty close to what they'll be. Expect gem prices to kick up high when this stuff all goes live.

Also note, the first 3 items are not the same as the ones from the black lion chest, and are "account bound".

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
Would you mind posting what the current gold -> ratio is? Or at least what the range is IE. 1 gold -> ~10-25 gems

I think, since you have a fairly decent track record at these things :)p), I might liquidate my assets into gems next time I'm in-game.

You suckered me in with that title - just had to see if there was hope for me.

That is pretty exciting stuff. Thanks for posting.

http://www.gw2spidy.com/gem

Currently ~50s for 100gems. Graph also looks like a suspiciously-timed ~10-15% bump in price over the last day or so. Gee, I wonder why? :) News is already out, so it may pay a little bit to actually wait a day or so. Will likely dip a tad then steadily rise, spiking when the eventual event comes. Might even be worth getting gems to sell then, but at 25% tax...very risky. Would be essentially betting on gems going up a full 33% what they are now.

On the other hand, since you know that gems WILL be up after event starts, there is less risk in buying too many.

Also not mentioned above, but I would be extremely shocked if a costume set or two were not released, gauging by the success they had in GW1 with that. For those who are thinking of stocking up early, here are the prices of what things cost in GW1 or my guesses.

Permanent Bank Access Contract Guess: 1200 gems
Permanent Black Lion Merchant Contract Guess: 800 gems
Permanent Trading Post Pick Up Contract Guess: 1200 gems
Self-Style Hair Kit Guess: 500 gems
Total Makeover Kit GW1 price: 800 gems
Random Makeover Potion Guess: 300 gem
Random Hair Tonic Guess: 200 gem
((Name Change Contract.)) GW1 price: 1200 gems

Costumes, if added: GW1 price: 800 gems for a set (limited time), 560 each. I expect a cost of ~500, to match primeval.

Last edited:
You suckered me in with that title - just had to see if there was hope for me.

That is pretty exciting stuff. Thanks for posting.

Abba, there is hope! All you need to do is grow a well-trimmed beard, and your handsome machismo will shine like a city on a hill.

But I want my Norn to be even uglier. :D

Hopefully they got some stuff like that in the makeover packs too.

I'll def. buy all those Permanent bank, Black Lion, and Pick-Up options too. Guess I need to start saving. lol

Abba, there is hope! All you need to do is grow a well-trimmed beard, and your handsome machismo will shine like a city on a hill.

This made me laugh, because it is one of the big things I'd love for them to add to the human CC. At the moment we have several varieties of stubble, five-o-clock shadow, a goatee and a full beard. In spite of growing popularity in the media, however, a close trimmed beard is not available. :(

But I want my Norn to be even uglier. :D

Just dress him up like my very festive and dapper gentlem. :)

pumpkin.jpg

This made me laugh, because it is one of the big things I'd love for them to add to the human CC. At the moment we have several varieties of stubble, five-o-clock shadow, a goatee and a full beard. In spite of growing popularity in the media, however, a close trimmed beard is not available. :(

This in turn caused me to laugh profusely, as I read CC as "crowd control". You know, stunning groups of enemies with the animal magnetism that is your manly mane.

Impossible to say, this is. I'd buy now because I'm cautious, but it shouldn't matter much either way.

Gems shouldn't spike much higher before the event, but very likely aren't as high as they will be later tonight, might be closer to 60s/100. Word is getting out, will make its way through towns and guilds, pushing the price higher this evening. Should dip back some after the frenzy, but no way of saying how high it'll go and if it'll be cheaper than it is now.

You can at least bet that it probably won't drop before event, and if it does, it won't be much. :) Then again, 800 gems is going to be the same real-dollar price no matter what day you get them.

Haha, Enok, I almost went back and edited the original post to say "without being pink", but decided against it. :)

This is the month to be pink though. As a side note my wife celebrated 42 cancer free years yesterday, one of the longest cancer survivors on the list of cancer survivors when we went to the Christmas for Survivors in July last year. She still celebrates every new day. So yeh have yer character wear pink this month.

What event do you guys keep mentioning?

Halloween event. In GW1, Arenanet would usually have about a week of special quests, decorations, festival drops, etc, and would then have a finale. For Halloween, the finale included the Mad King, which I expect back this year due to their wording.

Special items being mentioned, I expect to be available for halloween...which I expect to start on noon of the 25th. Chances are LA will be reskinned.

I bought my first batch of gems for the upcoming needs, now I are broked agin.:p

Back