Titanfall Cheaters

I think that is awesome myself. Played it a couple times since switching my 360 version over to pc. Didn't run into any cheaters as of yet but am glad they are attempting some sort of way to make it so that cheating isn't rewarded/ignored.

I don't know if Max Payne 3 was the first to introduce the "cheater pool" feature in a multiplayer game, but I'm glad to see it carried over to other games.

Execution is everything, of course, but if managed well, this could be an excellent response to cheating in online games.

I'd much rather see cheaters just banned and gone entirely but there is something to be said for making them feel the frustration of playing against someone with a program giving them the edge. Letting them continue to play, even if it's in a cheater's pool, rewards unethical behavior.

However, the way Respawn Entertainment announced and explained it was priceless.
Respawn Entertainment said:
You can play with other banned players in something that will resemble the Wimbledon of aimbot contests. Hopefully the aimbot cheat you paid for really is the best, or these all-cheater matches could be frustrating for you. Good luck.

I also like the idea of punishing people who are friends and play with cheaters.

Loved that quote from Respawn. I like how someone is actually attempting to do something about people hacking/cheating/modding. Even better is they get to "enjoy" their cheating by playing with other cheaters.

Back