ToC10/25 and/or ICC-10

It seems like there's a lot of interest in doing ToC/ICC and we're more than willing to organize/lead one, but if the existing ones are having problems getting regular members then both of us are more than willing to step up to the plate to help.

What he said minus the organize/lead part. I'd love to do some raiding again if someone will have me. Warrior tank/dps and Shaman heals/dps.

It does help ;) I am very non-committal at the moment (due to the age of my littlest person who likes to pound on the space bar while I'm healing raids) but am quite happy to fill in spots if I am available while a raid is going (either on Wend - disc/holy priest or on Dranoe resto/elem shammy..I also have Jaid feral/moonkin druid available but can't play her worth beans). The one time I could commit to running is on Saturday mornings (Nikolas and I were going to lead a foray into ToC 10 but what with being confused I figured Ony 10 might be more "necessary")

I think there's some confusion in this thread:

1) Apollux leads a well-established ICC-10 run — it's posted in another thread
2) Allanon is trying to form a rep run — it's posted in another thread
3) Kasiem has his own ToC-10 group that's been on Friday nights and Saturday (the originally scheduled time for his run) — it's posted in another thread

Christine and I are trying to form a ToC-10 or ICC-10 group because we aren't officially in any of the above (though, until we get enough interest in our own, we're open to being in the second and third runs as long as we're not displacing regulars). That's the purpose of this thread. :) It seems like there's a lot of interest in doing ToC/ICC and we're more than willing to organize/lead one, but if the existing ones are having problems getting regular members then both of us are more than willing to step up to the plate to help. It just seemed like there was more interest than runs.

I hope that the explanation helps!
Great explanation Dan!

Yes, Mike's & my run in ICC is Fridays and Mondays. At the moment this run is full, but we may need a sub any given week (which there are usually people in line for...). :(

I'd love to see another consistent Forgiven raid running each week and hope it all comes together for you. I would say the learning curves for TotCrusader and ICC are about equal. The Northrend Beasts fight can be a pain and the Faction Champions takes a while to get down as well. In ICC, you can easily wipe on the trash and several of the fights are complex or have short enrage timers (ie - Rotface is 5min).

By judging current guildies, I would say we have plenty of folks geared for TotCrusader. That same group could probably make some forays into ICC but you'll want to be hitting some pretty strong DPS numbers as a group. For example, to take down Rotface you'll need 31.75K DPS as a raid. And he hits the tanks really hard (tank gearing & Healer check too...).

I'm leaning towards eschewing ToC for one very simple reason: even if you don't take a boss down in ICC, if you can manage to get the trash down you do get Ashen Verdict rep. Yes, it may be frustratingly slow, but after four or five full trash clears before the first boss, you have enough rep to get an iLevel 251 ring.

If the run does manage to get bosses down, you get frost emblems, which is pretty good currency at the moment. ;)

It may be our own ICC-10 run (even an unsuccessful ICC-10 run is still a rep run) or it may be a collaboration with Adam. As I indicated in my summary of what TF is already running, our run may be separate or it may end up being Christine and I getting into another run. Our intent isn't to disrupt other runs. It's to help. If that means creating a run, we've done that before. If it means supporting an existing run, that works, too. :)

Just throwing out there that some of us haven't seen through to the end of Ulduar. In addition to the fact that we'd like to see ToC-10 and ICC-10, is there any interest in a regular Ulduar-10?

Still trying to gauge interest in a second ICC-10 group. With the most recent nerf/buff, I think this is a real possibility to try.

EDIT: Will one of you officer-types place an ICC-10 event on Saturday evening, say 6 Server time? While I won't be looking at gear scores critically, I will be expecting people to know how to play their class and have at least some decent gear. :)

Last edited:
Done Dan. Disregard my toon - apparently I have to accept to create the event. This is Dan's show, enjoy!

Okay, first night in ICC-10 saw us defeating Lord Marrowgar and then people had to go. But, good job on our first night in there!

Based on the fact that half the raid was TF and the rest was SGA means that for next week's run, the event is not being posted in-guild but is by my invitation. If you're interested in attending, please do so by whispering or PMing me in-game or by sending me a PM to this account.

Thanks, Alan!

Since people can't see the roster, we seem to be good on tanks and we have a ton of melee already interested. If you're a caster or ranged DPS we have room for you. If you're a healer, we definitely have room for you. We're basically going the three healer route so I'd like to see us pick up two more healers.

Back