ToJ Fitness Group

Bowser

Tribe of Judah StarCraft Series Chapter Leader
Hi all,

Last year I started a fitness group for ToJ members and our friends.

Basically, it's an accountability group to encourage one another to strive for better health and fitness for us and our families.

The group is on facebook, I can add you if you message me here on the forums.

This is taken directly from the wall on the facebook group, although I should admit we don't adhere to #3. It's actually very casual; we just post when we get a chance to work out and what we did.

The group works like this:

1. This is an accountability group for your fitness routine

2. Your routine must be cardiovascular centered, such as running, swimming, biking, P90x, or 'high impact' sports. If you have a question about an activity list it here. Lifting weights can be a PART of the routine, but cannot be wholly the routine itself.

3. Here are the workout options:
a) 3 days a week @ 60 minutes a day & sustained heart rate of ~150bpm+
b) 4 days a week @ 45 minutes a day & sustained heart rate of ~150bpm+
c) 5 days a week @ 30 minutes a day & sustained heart rate of ~160bpm+
Note: if you do more than 180 minutes of routine a week, it is *not* credited to the next week!

4. Your workout options (above) can change on a weekly basis, but not during the workout week.

5. Post your workout routine option on this group's wall by replying to my post for that week, and add the details of your workout each day that you do. Example:
[First post] by Lee Sadler - Week 1
[your first reply]Option B - On Sunday I ran for 27 minutes (2.5 miles) and then did pushups, lunges, and did a cool-down jog
[your second reply] On Tuesday I stared at the mirror for 45 minutes while other people were working out around me. That counts, right?

6. Be honest. Be modest. Interact with each others and with me. Be willing to accept change. This group won't go anywhere if we don't do these things.

7. Please post questions, interact, be willing to take advice, and include information about yourself and why you're on this group. This is a closed group and only the people I or you invite will be able to view anything. Let's be accountable!

I know the feeling. After playing frisbee yesterday I can't walk up the stairs without the whole household hearing about it

I went to a spa on Monday to celebrate my wife's 60th birthday. Whirlpool - steam room - 60 minute massage - a couple of hours in the mineral pools. Does that count? It wore me out - slept good that night.

I went to a spa on Monday to celebrate my wife's 60th birthday. Whirlpool - steam room - 60 minute massage - a couple of hours in the mineral pools. Does that count? It wore me out - slept good that night.

You're good for at least 6 months. Great job.

You're good for at least 6 months. Great job.

We call this the 'Lloren one step to success plan'

It's not literal success of any kind by any definition, stretch of the imagination, or fictional universe, but it's close enough.

Last edited:
I tend to pretty lazy for working out. I figure I have 4 kids and a farm, how much more of a workout do I need?

Suggestion Lee,

perhaps you could just let people put what they hope for goals.....like we have the fitbit flex. It counts our steps, watches our weight and sleep, and we can log calories to see what comes in and out. Not saying we need to share everything.....sorry ladies don't like disclosing age or weight to the general public........but maybe we could post goals and then at the end of the week state if we met such goals. There is also things like fitnesspal and such that you can be buddies on.

I may be more willing to post I reach so many steps and am hoping to increase my daily goal by x number than to say I did this much cardio etc. Some of us need to start somewhere and also have other limiting issues.

Blessings and Hugs, "Angel"

I've got a Fitbit One and I recently finished a physical therapy program.

Does that count? :p

Back