Toj match video request

The Mighty Gerbil

Tribe of Judah TF 2 Chapter Leader & CGA Admin
Staff member
I do NOT want you guys through a lot of trouble for a minor interest of mine but, if it's easy for you and you want to anyway, I'd like to see some of my Toj guys replays in video. I can't play the demo files because I haven't got SC2 (right?) but I'd still like to see Tek, Bassman, Corpsfox or any of the guys I hang out with on TF2 in SC2 action. Kicking butt and build'in scvs as it were :p . Anyway all I've seen so far is Tek's mothership mind control so I'm putting in a request for a couple youtubes or something :) .

I haven't played many 1v1 matches and don't plan to start any time soon, but I have a few interesting 2v2 or 3v3 replays. I probably have the least powerful computer in our group, so it would probably fall to others to record and upload the videos, though.

I'm still waiting on the Danny vs tek game. I bought reservation tickets for the match.

I'm still waiting on the Danny vs tek game. I bought reservation tickets for the match.

A match of that magnitude would crash Battle.net in both America and Korea for 22 days, the world would become 4 degrees cooler, the Nile would dry up, Duke Nukem Forever would get a demo, M. Night Shyamalan would make a good movie, and the combined APM of the game would be so ridiculous that both players would emerge in a draw, bringing a fourth playable race with them after the dust settles. The world isn't ready for "TekMeister 2010", so they have humbly held off for now. God bless you two and thanks for thinking about the children.

/hype man

A match of that magnitude would crash Battle.net in both America and Korea for 22 days, the world would become 4 degrees cooler, the Nile would dry up, Duke Nukem Forever would get a demo, M. Night Shyamalan would make a good movie, and the combined APM of the game would be so ridiculous that both players would emerge in a draw, bringing a fourth playable race with them after the dust settles. The world isn't ready for "TekMeister 2010", so they have humbly held off for now. God bless you two and thanks for thinking about the children.

/hype man

That was beautiful keero. Brought a tear to my eye, except duke nukem forever is being played at pax as we speak sir. ;D Yes danny vs tek would be an epic game.

but 1v1 is so much fun. XD
You forgot your <sarcasm> </sarcasm> tags.

/hype man
You already destroyed Ion Storm! Will your thirst for evil never be quenched?

That was beautiful keero. Brought a tear to my eye, except duke nukem forever is being played at pax as we speak sir. ;D Yes danny vs tek would be an epic game.
More importantly, there's a Dragon Quest IX lounge. DQIX is a game that actually exists in real space-time, therefore it takes priority any iteration of "Duke Nukem Forever." (Imagine those last three words encompassed by quote fingers.)

</offtopic>

I'm still watching for games that I think would be interesting enough to try recording, but the most fun match I played tonight, I played as Terran--and no one's interested in seeing me play Terran. Not that they're interested in seeing me play Zerg, either.

You forgot your <sarcasm> </sarcasm> tags.
Don't knock it till you've tried it. There's more adrenaline, more excitement, and victory is so much sweeter on a 1v1 than any unbelievably epic team victory. And the losses are actual learning experiences. I <3 1v1s.

Don't knock it till you've tried it. There's more adrenaline, more excitement, and victory is so much sweeter on a 1v1 than any unbelievably epic team victory. And the losses are actual learning experiences. I <3 1v1s.
I did try it. I lost. A lot.

I bought SC2 to play with other ToJ members, not play with complete strangers. My skill level isn't high enough to make 1v1 matches fun and I don't intend on investing the time and energy to get significantly better. SC2 is a lot of fun, but there are only so many hours in a day and since I won't ever reach a point where I could earn money by playing SC2 (no matter how hard I train), improving my SC2 game isn't high on my list of priorities.

Different play styles I guess. I tend to have just as much fun losing as I do winning, so w/l (or K/D ratio, as anyone who has played with me in BFBC2 can attest...) means nothing. It also means I'm likely to be in Bronze league forever. :p

I thought I'd put together a test video recording a 1v1 match (Odale vs. Keerosene). Unfortunately, my framerate dropped to 5-15 during recording and lagged occasionally.

Here's the result.

My system doesn't have the horsepower to properly record an entire match (not to mention that a few minutes of footage equals several gigs of video and I'm running short on hard drive space), but I can record the occasional "OH MY WORD" moments (e.g. an infestor casting neural parasite on a Protoss mothership).

EDIT: Alternatively, some of us (myself included) could try broadcasting using Xfire's Broadcast feature. I tried it a few times during beta and it seemed to work fairly well. Here's a link to my Livestream channel (Xfire partnered with Livestream for their Broadcast feature) in case you or any other members are interested.

Maybe I could broadcast a few ToJ games tomorrow (Saturday is Straturday). I imagine viewers would be more interested in broadcasts from more skilled players, though.

Last edited:
My system doesn't have the horsepower to properly record an entire match (not to mention that a few minutes of footage equals several gigs of video and I'm running short on hard drive space)

Now I'll never know what happened you tease T_T . Keero was about to build additional pylons either that or 6 pool one of the two I can't tell :p . Note I feel your pain with my attempts at recording Spy videos T_T.

Ended up with Odale pumping out a few tanks (Immortals) in which he creamed my base, I expanded twice, kept trying to pump out pylons and Warpgates so I could take out his base (he had like ONE pylon left until he used the Immortals to kill my Stalker/Zealot). Took like 20 minutes to find me. xD

Ended up with Odale pumping out a few tanks (Immortals) in which he creamed my base, I expanded twice, kept trying to pump out pylons and Warpgates so I could take out his base (he had like ONE pylon left until he used the Immortals to kill my Stalker/Zealot). Took like 20 minutes to find me. xD
That was indeed an entertaining game.

I bought SC2 to play with other ToJ members, not play with complete strangers. My skill level isn't high enough to make 1v1 matches fun and I don't intend on investing the time and energy to get significantly better. SC2 is a lot of fun, but there are only so many hours in a day and since I won't ever reach a point where I could earn money by playing SC2 (no matter how hard I train), improving my SC2 game isn't high on my list of priorities.

I'll play some 1v1's with you, Tek. I'm a pretty slow builder as most can attest and still have lots of freebie games left to use up. Look me up when i'm online. I also have been playing a lot of the multiplayer map Desert Strike. Fun to build and counter enemy units.

I'll also play 1v1 against you. You know how terribad I am!

If any of you were considering making videos Keero gave me a trial which should let me watch demos indefinitely :) . I haven't got the time to use it right now but I will soon so you can enjoy me giving you all tips on a game I won't play and aren't good at :p .

Back