Torchlight 2 4-Pack

There's still the issue of mouse movement over extended periods leading to wrist pain. It's why I only use a right-handed mouse for gaming and a trackball with my left hand for everything else.

I did briefly play the Torchlight II demo and being able to press the ` key to move my character to the cursor location made a bigger difference than I expected. It's still not ideal and chances are I'll find a different co-op action RPG with gamepad support before Torchlight II goes on sale for 50% off or better on Steam, but the feature does help.

The game certainly is polished and looks like quite a bit of fun. I picked up Torchlight 1 as part of Humble Indie Bundle 6 (which I bought for Dustforce), but I'll probably skip TL1 entirely since it doesn't include multiplayer and it doesn't have the "press key to move character to cursor location" feature. I may pick up TL2 in the future, but I'm not in any hurry.

Maybe I just want Streets of Rage 4 as a digital download game on Steam with character progression. :) Brawlers aren't that far off from action RPGs (and can even be one and the same).

Oh did you try the f2p dungeon fighter on steam?
Not yet, but it did look appealing. I tend to ignore free-to-play games until they start to generate buzz among Tribe of Judah members, but I may make an exception for Dungeon Fighter IF I can find multiple confirmations that it doesn't use GameGuard.

Seriously, some F2P games border on malware.

More than likely, I'll just play Kung-Fu Strike until the difficulty makes me want to throw my controller across the room then load up Streets of Rage 2 on my PS3. By that time, I'll likely have forgotten about Torchlight II completely. :)

With remapping keys possible and a good controller, why can't you remap the joystick up to W, the joystick down to S, the joystick left to A and so on? I remember buying a very expensive joystick for Descent and remapping keys to it for several games.

With remapping keys possible and a good controller, why can't you remap the joystick up to W, the joystick down to S, the joystick left to A and so on? I remember buying a very expensive joystick for Descent and remapping keys to it for several games.
Because click-to-move is not true 1:1 controls. Put another way: When I hold up on a gamepad analog stick, my character moves north for as long as I hold the stick in that position (or until my character runs into a wall). That input data can easily be mapped to a keypress or vice versa.

Click-to-move input data works differently. I can move my mouse cursor all over the screen, but until I press a mouse button (or, in the case of TL2, the ` key), nothing happens.

So there is no way (that I know of) to map click-to-move controls to a gamepad. Apples and oranges and all that.

Descent worked because it already used WASD controls, which are easily remapped to other keys; TL2 does not support WASD controls.

Did everyone who was interested get in on a 4 pack?
I see way too many friends playing and enjoying this game. I need to jump in while it is hot.

I will start a new 4 pack, I think I actually have 2 others committed so just need a 4th.

Back