Tribe of Judah anniversary celebrations to begin in May

Tek7 (Legacy)

CGA & ToJ President
Greetings, all!

I'm starting work on plans for Tribe of Judah's sixth anniversary celebrations. I'm considering stretching the celebrations across an entire week, starting with Monday, May 16 at 12AM and ending at 11:59PM on Sunday, May 22. This is only a tentative range, mind you.

For those not familiar with Tribe of Judah's early history, here's an excerpt from a .txt file I found tucked away on my hard drive:
On May 18, 1999, Jones posted a call for interested Christian players at the War Room, a popular Battle.net forum, and received several responses. Winds of the Past, a member of the Infoceptor staff, posted a link to the invitation to aid the effort of the beginning Christian clan.
On May 19, 1999, he drafted a charter for the clan, and issued it to interested parties. Interest continued, and he began the Tribe of Judah discussion group at eGroups.
On May 20, 1999, several members joined the group, and thus officially joined the Tribe of Judah. The need for a website was quickly realized, and work on a prototype was begun.
Wow. Nearly six years. I was 18 when I founded ToJ and I'll turn 25 on May 22 this year. It's been a long, long road. ^^

Of course, the celebrations will include a Starcraft game day and night. I'll be digging through old e-mails to get past members out to channel "op cga" on Battle.net to revisit the class that helped draw ToJ's first members together.

There will also be a Counter-Strike game night as well. I'd like to host a day dedicated to fellowship on the ToJ channel of the CGA TeamSpeak server as well.

Post your ideas in this thread and start marking your calendars from now. If you keep in touch with any past members of ToJ, spread the word about the celebration week and invite them out.

If you have any questions regarding the celebrations, post them here, too.

For the counter-strike game night, we should open up a like competition night. Where people make teams of 5 and we play other teams of 5 within the community, just for fun, and like have the winners be honorary somethings or whatnot.

It could be seeded like a Playoff Bracket :D

I'll be digging through old e-mails to get past members out to channel "op cga" on Battle.net to revisit the class that helped draw ToJ's first members together.

Which First members? All of them? :confused:

a Starcraft game day and night.;a Counter-Strike game night as well.;a "come play the UT2004 team" event.;a Warcraft3 game night as well...

May 16 - 22, 7 days, 4 games. 3 more games? 1 fun day/night per game?

Jewel case? awwww geez ur prolly whipping out your Undead skills...Altho i find no advantage with em tho but hey your choice

Is this Celebration event Physically an event? or is it all over the Internet? And How often do you guys do Conventions?

GuyJeb said:
Is this Celebration event Physically an event? or is it all over the Internet?
My initial design for the celebration week was online-only, but I'd be willing to entertain the idea of a real life get-together. Of course, the CGA convention takes place five days after the ToJ anniversary celebration week ends, so it might be a bit repetitive. Still, I'm open to ideas. ^^

Last edited:
This would be great....Especially if you can track down a few Like Kral, Candle, Rick, Mark etc...I am sure there are a few I've missed...but I think you have a handle on Elto and Elihu.. I have Glenn (eraserhead17) on my ICQ but never see him anymore..

FUN NIGHT! PUT ON SUPER ADMIN POWERS ON TOJCC SERVER! AND ON ALL OTHER SERVES PUT DISCO LIGHTS ON THAT SAY 'HAPPY ANNIVERSERY TO TOJ!' on the walls. ROFL! Really, I don't know. Fun night is in order for sure.

Back