Trigun

[toj.cc]phantom

Tribe of Judah Membership Administrator
I was wondering if someone could answer a few questions for me.

1.) Why is he called Vash the Stampede (w/e it's spelled) is that his real name or just a nickname
2.) Why is he an outlaw, what did he do?
3.) Is the priest (can't rememver his name) really a priest or a a fake.
4.) Does this show have anything to do with God or did they just add that because of the preist?

(I just started watching it and don't know a whol lot about it)

Hon I do not know anything about this but at ccgr there is one guy who goes by that handle and a few people who know about that show so maybe they could answer your questions better???? I hope this helps. Blessings,"Angel"

[toj.cc]phantom said:
1.) Why is he called Vash the Stampede (w/e it's spelled) is that his real name or just a nickname

Because his "destructive power" is on par with a natural disaster.

2.) Why is he an outlaw, what did he do?

Destruction of July (if I remember correctly). Everywhere he goes, everything is left in rubble, so naturally he is considered responsible.
3.) Is the priest (can't rememver his name) really a priest or a a fake.

Yes, he is. (Wolfwood)

4.) Does this show have anything to do with God or did they just add that because of the preist?

It has a lot of references to Christianity, I don't know if God is actually considered existant in the Trigun universe. I just think of it as the same as the Matrix.

[toj.cc]phantom said:
While the show, in my memory, doesn't advocate any particular deity, it does lend itself to a humanistic ("Man is the measure of all things") outlook.

If I remember correctly the Preacher carries around a huge cross and talks about a great weight that was carried and has lots of Christian references, though he never directly says he is a Christian Priest I think that is what they were getting at.

The series over all has a pretty good message about peace and love and forgiveness and is from what I’ve seen one of the cleaner anime out there, though I would not call it a Christian anime it upholds a lot of the same beliefs.

Back