Tuesday 10 May, 2011

ursen

Officer SOE/LoE/Where's "here"?
1 My brothers and sisters, believers in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ must not show favoritism. 2 Suppose a man comes into your meeting wearing a gold ring and fine clothes, and a poor man in filthy old clothes also comes in. 3 If you show special attention to the man wearing fine clothes and say, “Here’s a good seat for you,” but say to the poor man, “You stand there” or “Sit on the floor by my feet,” 4 have you not discriminated among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts? James 2:1-4 NIV

How we treat others is a reflection of our commitment to our Lord and Savior. As a Salvationist I often get reminded of this. It is so easy to dismiss those less fortunate than our selves, but we must love with the love of Christ all those who come to us, no matter their condition. That struggling drug addicted may be coming to your church looking for an answer and a way out, will you, not the pastor, but you extend the hand of friendship and love? A good friend and a pastor we once knew was fond of saying, "You can't help someone if you can't get involved in their messy little lives." How true, Jesus got involved in my messy little life.

Back